PO: Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits (8/5/16)

Just spotted this on Amazon so I thought I would post. I do not believe this version has been on vinyl before. For those who want a solid Greatest Hits album. Pretty pricey on the U.S. side but Europe is cheaper.

51zvXZDdtjL.jpg

Record 1

1. American Girl
  2. Breakdown
  3. Anything That's Rock 'N' Roll
  4. Listen to Her Heart
  5. I Need to Know
  6. Refugee
  7. Don't Do Me Like That
  8. Even the Losers
  9. Here Comes My Girl
  10. The Waiting
  11. You Got Lucky

Record 2

1. Don't Come Around Here No More
  2. I Won't Back Down
  3. Runnin' Down a Dream
  4. Free Fallin'
  5. Learning to Fly
  6. Into the Great Wide Open
  7. Mary Jane's Last Dance
  8. Something in the Air

Amazon.com

Amazon.co.uk

Edited by rsholtis

Looks like it's similar to, if not, a repress of this one:  https://www.discogs.com/Tom-Petty-The-Heartbreakers-Greatest-Hits/release/1841848

I've been on the lookout for this particular one for a while but it's ridiculously expensive as you can see from the discogs history.  Amazon's price tag is a little high but it's much cheaper than discogs.

1 minute ago, sinatra.45 said:

Looks like it's similar to, if not, a repress of this one:  https://www.discogs.com/Tom-Petty-The-Heartbreakers-Greatest-Hits/release/1841848

I've been on the lookout for this particular one for a while but it's ridiculously expensive as you can see from the discogs history.  Amazon's price tag is a little high but it's much cheaper than discogs.

Comes to about $33 shipped to the US from Amazon.uk - not bad compared to the .com price

1 hour ago, rsholtis said:

Just spotted this on Amazon so I thought I would post. I do not believe this version has been on vinyl before. For those who want a solid Greatest Hits album. Pretty pricey on the U.S. side but Europe is cheaper.

51zvXZDdtjL.jpg

Record 1

1. American Girl
  2. Breakdown
  3. Anything That's Rock 'N' Roll
  4. Listen to Her Heart
  5. I Need to Know
  6. Refugee
  7. Don't Do Me Like That
  8. Even the Losers
  9. Here Comes My Girl
  10. The Waiting
  11. You Got Lucky

Record 2

1. Don't Come Around Here No More
  2. I Won't Back Down
  3. Runnin' Down a Dream
  4. Free Fallin'
  5. Learning to Fly
  6. Into the Great Wide Open
  7. Mary Jane's Last Dance
  8. Something in the Air

Amazon.com

Amazon.co.uk

Holy cow.  That Amazon.com price is insane.

I've seen this listing on amazon.ca for a few weeks now, but it's like $65CAD or something.... would like to have it for Mary Janes Last Dance, but i have everything else on vinyl already i think. It's way too much for me atm. Maybe pick it up if i see it on sale.

EDIT - it's closer to $68... plus tax!! amazon.ca

Edited by niblips

2 hours ago, sinatra.45 said:

The first Holland pressing of this collection sounds AMAZING! B)

Not surprised it trades for so much on Discogs.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Tom Petty and REM are the only two artists to put out a "Greatest Hits" album that I truly loved. I wouldn't even pay $50 for both of them shipped.

Yeah, Tom Petty is on my very, very short list if bands I would spend money in a greatest hits album, but not for $50. Seriously. Who the fuck decided on that price. No new work is recorded. It's a repress with plates that are already made. Such a cash grab. Expect this at your local FYE. 

6 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, Tom Petty is on my very, very short list if bands I would spend money in a greatest hits album, but not for $50. Seriously. Who the fuck decided on that price. No new work is recorded. It's a repress with plates that are already made. Such a cash grab. Expect this at your local FYE. 

If it's $50 on Amazon, FYE is going to charge you $10 for accidentally lookong at it and if you buy it you'll need to apply for a line of credit.

6 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Greatest Hits was released in 1993. YDKHIF was released in 1996.

1994*. I definitely feel anxious on a wildflowers repress. This is truly a great compilation but with tom petty

i need all his albums.

has anyone heard highway companion on vinyl? Holy shit it sounds unbelievable. Literally one of the best sounding albums I've ever heard when it comes to dynamics. Prices online have always been terrible but urban outfitters randomly had copies a few years ago. Wish I still had it. Wish I still had my copy of wildflowers.

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Tom Petty and REM are the only two artists to put out a "Greatest Hits" album that I truly loved. I wouldn't even pay $50 for both of them shipped.

I remember buying the Holland press back in the mid 90s for $35+, and thinking THAT was too expensive. :lol:

But after I listened to it....worth every penny. ;)

Hope they are using the same plates for the re-issue.

2 hours ago, Endserenading said:

1994*. I definitely feel anxious on a wildflowers repress. This is truly a great compilation but with tom petty

i need all his albums.

has anyone heard highway companion on vinyl? Holy shit it sounds unbelievable. Literally one of the best sounding albums I've ever heard when it comes to dynamics. Prices online have always been terrible but urban outfitters randomly had copies a few years ago. Wish I still had it. Wish I still had my copy of wildflowers.

I passed on Highway Companion because of the price ($35-40 retail.)

Wish I grabbed it. :rolleyes: