PO: The Strokes- Future, Present, Past EP

Ugh, mine was canceled, from Bull Moose too.  Gonna see if the closest record shop to me would happen to have a copy tomorrow, since I'll be out that way.

If they indeed press more, why not do it on a creamy light tan (that's the background color on the cover)?  Perhaps opaque.  They've done every other color on the cover so far.  That would complete it.

12 hours ago, hut hut hike said:

Ugh, mine was canceled, from Bull Moose too.  Gonna see if the closest record shop to me would happen to have a copy tomorrow, since I'll be out that way.

If they indeed press more, why not do it on a creamy light tan (that's the background color on the cover)?  Perhaps opaque.  They've done every other color on the cover so far.  That would complete it.

Or a light tan with a red, orange, yellow, green, and blue splatter. Or a beach ball looking one with a panel in each of the colors. Seriously though, it's kind of funny how people went from thinking they were going to have multiple variants of this record just a few days ago, to not even knowing if they'll get a singe one. Since getting my cancellation from bull moose I've tried ordering at Central Square, Electric Fetus, and Zia. Got a cancellation from the first two, and still waiting to hear from Zia.

Lots of people were suggesting the EP would also work to gauge how well Cult could handle a Strokes release. If this is anything to go by, they definitely need to work on their logistics. Great customer service, though.

18 minutes ago, salcious crumb said:

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation for their red vinyl. I preordered a red and still haven't gotten a shipping notification. I know some people have gotten emails saying their orders were cancelled

I know a lot of people got e-mails about delays, but I didn't realize people who ordered the red were getting their orders cancelled as well.

Glad to hear that people are getting shipping confirmations.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSS said:

If anyone is in the Peabody, MA area I was at their Newbury Comics yesterday and they had like 10 copies of the yellow. 

I tried to see if I could get someone close to a newbury location to do a group buy for interested members, but it went nowhere. Glad there are still some copies floating around, though.

12 minutes ago, DanielJ said:

Glad to hear that people are getting shipping confirmations.

I tried to see if I could get someone close to a newbury location to do a group buy for interested members, but it went nowhere. Glad there are still some copies floating around, though.

I also called the salem, nh location first because it is slightly closer to me and they said they were getting more copies on Tuesday so if you need a copy I can try to help you out as I'll be around there that day anyways.

15 minutes ago, AndrewSS said:

I also called the salem, nh location first because it is slightly closer to me and they said they were getting more copies on Tuesday so if you need a copy I can try to help you out as I'll be around there that day anyways.

That would be really awesome. Just the though alone is appreciated. If you do end up around the area, pm me and hopefully we can work something out.