Officially had my best and worst PUGs last night.

Worst: KOTH on Nepal. Group of people who clearly had either never played before or only played as one character (on mystery hero) just shooting the shit and being so weird about the characters they got. Didn't understand the objective, and when I said, "hey, you need to get on the point." (I had singlehandedly gotten us to 99% and got overwhelmed in OT) they laughed, said "some little kid is trying to talk to us" and switched languages. Fuck. Second round was even worse.

Best was a team that actually used group chat! I think we still lost, because we had an actual little kid who had only ever played bastion, and two teammates I never once saw, but the other two dudes and the little guy at least communicated and tried to work together. Told them to add me if they wanted because they seem to know what they're doing at least. Good to know there are a few people out there who at least know how a PUG is supposed to work.

6 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

haha, brutal. i never hear people on group chat on xbox one unless it's some dude taking bong rips and talking to himself and forgot that his mic was on.

I think they may have legitimately thought I was a kid. I use a higher voice register when talking to people I don't know so I don't come across like an asshole, but still...

usually that's all I hear too, bong rips and barking dogs.

9 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

it's not hard evidence, but looks like overwatch cross-platform play on consoles is at least being considered by blizzard.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/06/overwatch-cross-platform-play-is-being-considered-by-blizzard/

Yeah they said this ages ago when Rocket League announced their cross-platform plans. Blizz/Kaplan basically said "of course it's possible, and would be pretty cool. definitely wouldn't mix PC/Console ever, but, we'll keep our options open."

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this game more and more.

FPS games always gave me motion sickness when I was a young lad, so I never really developed the skill set and ,hence, continued to avoid them when the software improved later on.

This game is pretty newb friendly (PC) but I'm still pretty bad. I mostly play Pharah and sometimes switch to Bastion when the situation calls for it.

I mostly stick with Pharah because nobody ever complains about the choice and it's not a make or break character.  Like, if your healer or tank is a complete failure, you're probably going to lose.

Bastion isn't really fun but if it gets to the last stage defending against a payload or whatever, you can usually win pretty easily with a few Bastion sitting at a bottle neck.

• 5 weeks later...