PO Now: The Avalanches "Wildflower"

13 minutes ago, DarreLP said:

So, to recap, do I have this correct?

Preorder options:

- xlrecordings (Europe only)

- Newbury (Custom cover, appears to only be working for US orders at the moment?)

- VMP (Custom red vinyl, can preorder come June)

- Direct from the Band: http://www.theavalanchesmusic.com/store/ (do they ship worldwide?)

Did I miss any options?

There's also this link https://avalanchesshop.com/products/wildflower-vinyl 

Apparently there's a "free merch upgrade" if you order by June 10th.

2 minutes ago, burkyburk said:

I was already charged the full amount for my Newbury order. Used a debit card, don't know if that makes a difference.

It falls off within 3-4 business days. I pre ordered the new Death Grips album from them and it showed a charge on my account. Contacted them, they told me it falls off in a few days and it did. You'll be charged when it ships. 

Just now, DarreLP said:

Probably the same as the regular versions. Newbury's variants are fun, but I don't necessarily see them going for inflated prices. It's the same pressing, after all. 

I doubt that, considering how devoted Avalanches fans are, how quickly this sold out, and that this is the most limited variant. Heck look at Illinois and Midnight Marauders Newbury are goin for and they are just reissues. 

5 minutes ago, joshman150 said:

I doubt that, considering how devoted Avalanches fans are, how quickly this sold out, and that this is the most limited variant. Heck look at Illinois and Midnight Marauders Newbury are goin for and they are just reissues. 

True...though it does seem that recent limited releases spike for a short time then level off over the long run. That said, I believe both of those were colored vinyl. So at least there was a difference with the physical media. 

I suppose some folks collect for the cover and would maybe want this one as well. 

5 minutes ago, joshman150 said:

Maybe if the variant was a diff color I could see it going for a lot. But with just the only difference being the alternative cover, I highly doubt anyone is gonna drop lots for that. No matter how limited it is. The VMP one and probably the deluxe will go for more for certain.

8 minutes ago, morwells said:

Maybe if the variant was a diff color I could see it going for a lot. But with just the only difference being the alternative cover, I highly doubt anyone is gonna drop lots for that. No matter how limited it is. The VMP one and probably the deluxe will go for more for certain.

It'll be interesting to see for sure! I got the Newbury, but I'll probably try to grab a vinyl me please as well.