Washed Out - Life of Leisure Pressing Info. Help

Hi all,

I'm looking for a *edit, first press* purple version of Life of Leisure but am unsure of how to tell the color.

Would someone be able to tell me how to tell the difference between each edition? 

For the first press, I know that some have a sticker saying "Limited Edition", but that that doesn't guarantee it's a purple version. Only 200 of 2000 were purple.

I know the third pressing says "Purple Vinyl".

I've tried looking on discogs, but it's confusing and hard to know which version is which. There's too many versions and they're all limited editions numbered from 2000. I can't really tell which is the 1st press, 2nd press, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Edited by ghost

28 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah this release has had me confused before as well.

If the third pressing is all purple, just grab one of those. Unless you're an ultimo OCD completionist, a 1st press ltd purple versus a 3rd press purple would be the same. Only first press would cost an insane amount more, no?

Yes :)

But I think the 1st press is a slightly darker color.

330405712640.jpg

2nd press

917890_196788497335579_185316073_n.jpg

I can't find many photos though so it's hard to tell if it's just a lighting thing.

Otherwise, yeah 3rd press would be the way to go.

I found a "purple" copy one time but the seller wasn't sure if it's colored or not (which, side rant, why can't they just state that in the listing so I ignore it.) So, I was wondering if there are any visual ways to tell if a first press copy is colored or not.

Edited by ghost

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah this release has had me confused before as well.

If the third pressing is all purple, just grab one of those. Unless you're an ultimo OCD completionist, a 1st press ltd purple versus a 3rd press purple would be the same. Only first press would cost an insane amount more, no?

Discogs says that the third pressing is kind of like the first pressing in that only a small number of copies are purple. The hype sticker says if it's the third pressing.

1 hour ago, thepunkguy said:

while we're here. 

someone sell me the Within / LP on peach.  

or trade me for it.  I'll pay or trade well for it.

that is all.  please continue..

I have this record in mint condition.  you're more than welcome to make me an offer. 

as for the life of leisure record, the dark purple one is considered the purple haze, and most of them are numbered under 200, although I read some are not, which is ridiculously confusing.  my copy is 180 and it's the darker purple color. 

Edited by bobpaul

the first pressing was all black. they did a 2nd pressing that same year (after the first black run sold out) which was purple and can be misleading. the color copies are more rare but they are not a first pressing. the label did a bad job with numbering & stickers because they sold so much they just gave up on keeping up with pressing info and stop hand numbering all together. I have a first pressing which i hoped would be better but apparently it's not.