For Sale: Thrice - TBEITBNW Tour Exclusive light blue marble

jaredisburning

I was at the record release show at the Shrine in LA last night and was able to pick up an extra copy.  So here it is, the tour exclusive variant.  I haven't been able to find the press information, but ive never seen so many people walking around with vinyl at a show in my life.  And there was no limit per person.  If they only pressed 3,000 then I wouldn't be surprised if this variant sells out before they even get out of California.

Thrice - To Be Everywhere is to Be Nowhere.  Blue marble *sealed

Make Offer!

33 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Sell it at cost to one of the people who asked about it in the album's thread

Not going to happen and here's why.  I have paid up to a hundred dollars over cost for records here from users on vinyl collective because of their collectibility and rarity.  The market dictates the ongoing cost and what records are worth.  Just like I wouldn't ask a member to sell me Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise for cost (probably $25 - $30), it's unfair for you to pressure me to sell a record for less than its worth just cause you "feel like I should".  

Here's what I will do...    I missed the grey smoke variant by a few minutes.   So if anyone has a grey smoke variant that they want to trade for a blue marble tour variant.  I would be willing to do that.  Other than that, I will accept a fair offer based on what is appropriate. But I won't be selling this record for $25.

I unfortunately do not have a chance to grab one as there is not a show close to me. And if you were a decent human being and was selling for cost, I would 100% buy it from you and most likely send you some extra for your troubles. But nope, you wanna come up with some stupid reasoning to charge extra for it. And the sad thing is, some sad sap will pay you for it too. It's a shame.

33 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Sell it at cost to one of the people who asked about it in the album's thread

Not going to happen and here's why.  I have paid up to a hundred dollars over cost for records here from users on vinyl collective because of their collectibility and rarity.  The market dictates the ongoing cost and what records are worth.  Just like I wouldn't ask a member to sell me Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise for cost (probably $25 - $30), it's unfair for you to pressure me to sell a record for less than its worth just cause you "feel like I should".  

Here's what I will do...    I missed the grey smoke variant by a few minutes.   So if anyone has a grey smoke variant that they want to trade for a blue marble tour variant.  I would be willing to do that.  Other than that, I will accept a fair offer based on what is appropriate. But I won't be selling this record for $25.

buying something for the sole purpose of immediately flipping it is different from buying something you want and then deciding to sell it down the road for what it's worth... that's why you're gonna get shit about this.

Edited by batman

40 minutes ago, jaredisburning said:

Blue sky noise came out years ago and it highly sought after, this record was just released. When BSN came out you were able to get it cheap or at cost very easily. So your comparison don't really connect into that regard. People aren't saying you should sell every single record at cost........... they are saying don't buy a record with an intention to flip it right after release for profit. Most people here don't do that. Fast forward a 6 months to 1 year and no one will say anything about a markup because it happens.

Edited by MayCauseDeath

First of all, I have seen for sale posts from all of you and you guys are all a bunch of hypocrites.  Specifically "batman" is the only person on here who expressed his point of view to me without a passive aggressive slant designed to shame me, or an outright "fuck you".  The truth of the matter is that I bought an extra copy in hopes of either trading with someone on here for a grey smoke variant, or making enough money from selling the tour variant to buy one from somebody.  None of you ignorant assholes bothered to ask me how much I would take for it...  You simply started a witch hunt.  I'm over it...   Nevermind, I'll give it to my buddy just because he is a big fan, and I'll just buy the grey variant somewhere.  Fuck you guys for thinking the worst before ever even asking.

5 minutes ago, jaredisburning said:

First of all, I have seen for sale posts from all of you and you guys are all a bunch of hypocrites.  Specifically "batman" is the only person on here who expressed his point of view to me without a passive aggressive slant designed to shame me, or an outright "fuck you".  The truth of the matter is that I bought an extra copy in hopes of either trading with someone on here for a grey smoke variant, or making enough money from selling the tour variant to buy one from somebody.  None of you ignorant assholes bothered to ask me how much I would take for it...  You simply started a witch hunt.  I'm over it...   Nevermind, I'll give it to my buddy just because he is a big fan, and I'll just buy the grey variant somewhere.  Fuck you guys for thinking the worst before ever even asking.

how is my above post a big "fuck you." I am just trying to explain where people are getting the hostility. I am glad i didn't help my neighbor sell you BSN because your a dick.

15 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

how is my above post a big "fuck you." I am just trying to explain where people are getting the hostility. I am glad i didn't help my neighbor sell you BSN because your a dick.

Your right.  My apologies.  You are right.  You were simply making a point and I made a mistake by lumping you in with everyone else.  I'm sorry.  However, if Im a dick because I'm defending my choices from several people who are attacking me and hating on me, then I guess I am a dick.  But what else should I do?  I don't have an ill intent.  I'm not trying to scam people.  And I have no intention of treating other members unfairly, but I do feel as though I am being treated unfairly.

21 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

your an asshole jared. 

Sticks and stones bro.

Get fucked Jared. I cant count the amount of times that I've picked up a tour exclusive and sold it at cost to someone. I also cant count the amount of times that someone has helped me out (most recently Doman just this last week)

Those of us who are actually contributing members to this community get more satisfaction out of the feeling knowing that we helped someone out more than making money off something we bought solely to flip. 

And I'm SO SURE that now you're just going to give it to your buddy after you've been called out and rightfully shit on. RIGHT. 

Maybe he just wanted, idk say 10 bucks over the original cost? Unless I was hooking up a homie I knew pretty well , the effort of buying a ticket, driving to the venue, and waiting in a possibly long ass line for a tour exclusive variant DOES justify a slight markup in my opinion. Not like twice the cost obviously but you know enough to say "thank you for your time and effort in physically buying this". Just trying to give jared a little credit. I've met him in person and he's totally chill. 

16 minutes ago, curtbug89 said:

Maybe he just wanted, idk say 10 bucks over the original cost? Unless I was hooking up a homie I knew pretty well , the effort of buying a ticket, driving to the venue, and waiting in a possibly long ass line for a tour exclusive variant DOES justify a slight markup in my opinion. Not like twice the cost obviously but you know enough to say "thank you for your time and effort in physically buying this". Just trying to give jared a little credit. I've met him in person and he's totally chill. 

It's clear he was already there for himself, though, as he got his own copy--nobody else should have to pay for his concert experience unless he wasn't planing to go at all.

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

It's clear he was already there for himself, though, as he got his own copy--nobody else should have to pay for his concert experience unless he wasn't planing to go at all.

This. Dude was already at the show so your point is now invalid curtbug

26 minutes ago, curtbug89 said:

This is dumb. There is a difference of making a thread selling something like this and saying something along the lines of "hey this was 20 bucks, ill sell it for cost plus shipping...MOST of the time, everyone will add on a few bucks for the gratitude.

When you say "Make an offer!' It just makes you come off as a huge douche.

2 minutes ago, Brock N Roll said:

This is dumb. There is a difference of making a thread selling something like this and saying something along the lines of "hey this was 20 bucks, ill sell it for cost plus shipping...MOST of the time, everyone will add on a few bucks for the gratitude.

When you say "Make an offer!' It just makes you come off as a huge douche.

Certainly. Not 100% taking his side. Just pointing out the overall reaction has been so overdramatic it reveals a bit of immaturity on both ends. Peace out of this thread :)