Beck - Odelay (reissue)

On 7/24/2016 at 9:28 PM, JimandTara said:

Here's what a manager at (of all places) Barnes and Noble told me today.  The ones we're seeing listed as pre-orders at or near $40 at places like Soundstage Direct (and B&N) is the EU re-issue by Interscope and is 180 virgin vinyl. The ones listed at pre-orders at or near $20 is the US re-issue by Geffen (same parent company as Interscope and A&M) and is standard weight vinyl. I think he's correct as I remember MusicDirect had it listed as Geffen and "standard weight vinyl" before they pulled their pre-orders for $19.99. We shall see!

Today was double membership rewards at B&N and I had a coupon for an extra 20% off that I had to use by the end of the month so I grabbed an Interscope for $25 and change out the door...they list the release date as being September 9th.

Jim

I dropped back in B&N today - the above mentioned manager and I got to yappin' about vinyl for so long the other day that I forgot the pre-order confirm slip for my Interscope.

Anyway - I asked him why their pre-order for the EU import was taken down since I placed the order for mine. He said they had sold through their allotment of 100 copies (for B&N.com and their 640 stores!) That suggests to me (and him) that the Interscope might be limited - again, we shall see!

Jim

ps - I grabbed a Geffen from Bull Moose for roughly $21 all-in just in case my Interscope pre-order from B&N goes sideways. If they both come, I'll have a nice gift for my sister down the road!

From Newbury Comics newsletter: http://view.email.newburycomics.com/?j=fe5f167076660d7e7313&m=fef917707d6201&ls=fe2a15757c620074741472&l=ff271d757c65&s=fe6616757164017c7712&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe3016757d670079711570

aAhZpQ3.png

???

Between the Beck and Elliott Smith releases it looks like Bong Load is reissuing some of the albums they previously had? Or they could be boots? I didn't even know Bong Load still existed.

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

48 minutes ago, axisrecapital said:

both are sold out...fudge!

If anyone picked up an extra copy of Mellow Gold, please let me know!  I'm not torn up about Odelay since I already have the box thingy that came out years ago.

Check Bongload again. I've seen them add more copies today after it said sold out.