PO NOW: Aphex Twin - Cheetah EP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/20/2016 at 10:55 AM, lethalenforcer said:

I can't believe I'm bummed for not jumping on a $200 copy...

As soon as I got to the fest my buddy told me to grab a copy because they were limited, but instead I went to see Jesus and Mary Chain and Daughters first. After those two I went to the merch booth and they were all sold out! And I saw an asshole carrying 10 copies too....fuck....

• 6 months later...

So they are reissuing 4 of the in print Warp albums (weird) at the end of July. 

Also, RDJ seems to have some sort of countdown on his site. No idea what it's for. Maybe it's to announce a reissue campaign. Or maybe a new album. Either way, I hope it's something great. 

Also, he did another White label for his Field Day show, only this time it was an album and not a single. And it's really fucking good. 

This guy. 

Yeah, got mine last week too. The tracks on it were some of the best ones from the soundcloud dump. 

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

So they are reissuing 4 of the in print Warp albums (weird) at the end of July. 

I've never seen Warp issues of RDJ Album and ICBYD in local shops here in the states (only the shoddy 1972 versions). These new issues look like they will be available domestically, which is nice.

Warp re-presses were done around Syros release. Or Computer Controlled. I can't remember when, but they were in the bleep shop as recently as this past December.

They have RDJ and Come to Daddy in stock now.  But yeah, those 1972 reissues are shit.  I have Ambient II and its not great

Edited by timsimmons

Not sure if the OP is better, worse, or the same.  

The 1972 pressing is passable I guess, but I wasn't blown away by the sound quality. I assumed it was a Cd transfer because it doesn't sound better than my rip. I caved and bought it after Syro, because I thought there is no way it would be repressed by Warp. 

Hopefully these reissue indicate the whole catalog is gonna see a repress.

also, word is the countdown is to a Aphex Bleepstore where he will sell mastered SoundCloud tracks and assorted OOP Rephlex stuff. 

We'll see next week I guess. 

Edited by timsimmons