PO Now: Pylon Live 2x LP

I'm all over this... in for the magenta deluxe:

--

https://chunklet.bandcamp.com/album/live

"Limited to 217 on magenta vinyl. 
Limited to 312 on clear vinyl. 
Unlimited on black vinyl."

"Pylon Live is a double vinyl album recorded on the band’s home turf at the culmination of their powers, and the results could not be more stellar. An all killer, no filler set with nothing left on the cutting room floor, Pylon Live includes powerful versions of the Pylon canon from their first and second LPs and even the hard-to-find song “Party Zone” (previously available only on a DB Rec comp) and their never-before-released rendition of the “Batman Theme.” 

When compared to the band’s prior body of work, Pylon Live bookends all of it; some might even say it’s a better representation of this Athens quartet, who thrived on bouncing around on stage infinitely more than sitting in a studio. 

There’s little arguing that the Athens powerhouse trifecta of R.E.M., the B-52’s, and Pylon is peerless. And while all three bands have achieved great critical acclaim, only the first two had the commercial acclaim they deserved. Pylon Live intends to correct that. 

Pylon Live is being released on July 25, 2016, the birthday of deceased Pylon guitarist Randy Bewley, with release events scheduled for this summer in Atlanta and Athens."

iframe>

Edited by red dirt

3 minutes ago, red dirt said:

I'm all over this... in for the magenta deluxe:

--

https://chunklet.bandcamp.com/album/live

I almost started a post on this one myself last week when I ordered a clear copy.  Really looking forward to this release.  One of the few bands that I have chased down all of their albums & almost all of their singles although it's not hard to do as their catalog isn't huge.  Definitely one of my favorites. 

A killer song for fun: