PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

23 minutes ago, Fridge Fox said:

Wrongdoers sounds so amazing on vinyl and I really don't want Solid State's cheap tendencies to get in the way of this record sounding just as good. fingers crossed.

I was so surprised at how incredible that pressing was. Probably my favorite heavy album on wax. Fortunately, Cory seems to be something of an audiophile and NJ seems to be Solid State's primary focus this time around, so hopefully those increase our chances of a good pressing.

Yeah I was going to point out that it is a DOUBLE LP... I think this is an average price for what's being offered.

On 6/16/2016 at 6:05 PM, rcafilm said:

I was so surprised at how incredible that pressing was. Probably my favorite heavy album on wax. Fortunately, Cory seems to be something of an audiophile and NJ seems to be Solid State's primary focus this time around, so hopefully those increase our chances of a good pressing.

I wouldn't be too concerned with sound quality for this one, SS put out decent pressings, at least from recent ones I own. (Except the reissues from last year, they can be a whole different story/discussion.)

9 hours ago, SwiftCat said:

And then a standard release will be cheap.

Like I said earlier, it's highly unlikely this will have a "standard" release.

7 hours ago, Vinyl Fury said:

They aren't cheap to make, but they aren't THAT expensive. That record could be sold for $18-$22, and it would have been a couple of years ago.

We've been like frogs in boiling water for awhile. 

Exactly. Sumac's new album is $18 and a 2xLP. but at least the shipping was $4 instead of $10 like the recent T$N releases.

Edited by Fridge Fox

Norma Jean is one of...I think 3 bands I'm a variant collector of.  Glad these aren't sold out, I've strayed from the internet & social media for a while, didn't know it was up for sale.  Grabbed a T-shirt bundle with that red, mock up looks sweet.  I actually like that purple Prince variant better, but doesn't match the cover as well.  That gold O God is still for sale on Solid State for $16.99 too, if anyone hasn't grabbed that yet.  Wasn't that $30 when originally released?  Anyways, very excited for this.  Didn't discover NJ until Redeemer but have been on board ever since.  Just wish they toured the midwest more often!  Been way too long since I've seen them.