PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

On 7/16/2016 at 9:15 AM, wiretap said:

On the older stuff, neither us or T&N own those records anymore, we originally left solid state when they sold themselves, they've since become independent again (we wouldn't have signed otherwise) but yeah, didn't get those records back so I don't see that happening on our watch

appreciating my box set that much more now

41 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

like everything ive been hearing off this record. kinda surprised to see sean ingram on a norma jean song but its cool. 

That's surprising to me, haha..  Musically, one of the biggest influences since as far back as the Luti-Kriss days. Coalesce > everything. And Sean is my favorite vocalist in heavy music ever. His lyrics are unmatched by anyone, dude's incredible.. I used to just sit and read the lyric books, not even listening to the records sometimes. Now I'm just fan-boying, though.

13 minutes ago, wiretap said:

That's surprising to me, haha..  Musically, one of the biggest influences since as far back as the Luti-Kriss days. Coalesce > everything. And Sean is my favorite vocalist in heavy music ever. His lyrics are unmatched by anyone, dude's incredible.. I used to just sit and read the lyric books, not even listening to the records sometimes. Now I'm just fan-boying, though.

musically, it makes a lot of sense. everything coalesce did ruled. as an outsider looking in, you just never really know how certain bands may feel about other bands theyve influenced (ie. botch cracking jokes about o'god the aftermath). 

1 hour ago, mattisr1984 said:

musically, it makes a lot of sense. everything coalesce did ruled. as an outsider looking in, you just never really know how certain bands may feel about other bands theyve influenced (ie. botch cracking jokes about o'god the aftermath). 

Ah, I see. Sean is a personal friend and not a dickhead or ego driven at all, he's oddly a big fan and coalesce has always been super cool to us. Was awesome to have him contribute his voice and write lyrics, definitely a "oh shiiitt" kinda moment. We wanted to get him on the last record but it didn't work out schedule wise, he went out of his way this time which was awesome. Coalesce4lyfe

Edited by wiretap

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:53 PM, ejc625 said:

Going to resist the urge to listen to this or anything else new until the album comes out. 

I have yet to listen to any of the singles they've released yet. I'm refusing to until I get my copy. I can feel it deep down that this album is going to be epic.

I want this album in my grubby little mitts now! I pre-ordered on amazon digital too just so I would get songs as they release. This band can do no wrong!

Also really excited to hear the Hundred Suns stuff Cory is putting out later this year/early next year. 

Edited by thomasj182

14 hours ago, thomasj182 said:

This band can do no wrong!

AGREE.  They could do more right by touring the midwest more deeply, more frequently.  Then again, if I had my way, they'd play here every weekend.  Granted I did see one of the coolest shows I've ever seen when maybe 1-2 years ago drove to Fargo, ND & they played a small venue with the band set up on the floor right in front of everyone.  No barricades, or space of any kind between the band & the fans.  So fun...

+1 on waiting for the album to release to listen to it in it's entirety.  VERY excited.  

Last 20 seconds of that new tune is brutal! Another killer track. This album is going to be wild. I'm definitely seeing elements of most of their previous albums in this one so far.

+1 on excitement for Hundred Suns. Been listening to Fractional a ton since it dropped, considering getting in on the IndieGogo but I'm honestly not sure I've ever had a good experience with crowdfunding so I am a little hesitant.

Just wow. Definitely feels like Meridonial in spots w/ Anit-Mother rawness in others. But overall they turned the heavy to +10. The drums throughout are freakin HUGE. I really loved a lot of Anti-Mother's songs yet couldn't truly love the album due to the horrible mix IMO. 

This easily my AOTY right now. Going to be hard to knock it out of that position as well. Bravo gentleman

14 minutes ago, wiretap said:

If you pre-ordered a physical copy you should get an email with the documentary to watch immediately. Bummer about the leak, looks like we got a mole.

Never got an email. I'll keep an eye out for it though. 

I I think I read that the album was made available on iTunes and Apple Music for a short period of time the other day by mistake. Must have been up just long enough for someone to get a rip.