PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

3 minutes ago, drawcody said:

Sorry man I thought it was open to everyone :( I pulled the link. 

Oh, no, it is. You can buy it from the link you posted, I was just pointing out that if you preordered a vinyl or cd you will get an email with it so DONT use that link. If someone has a digital preorder they would have to purchase it separately from that link.

Edited by wiretap

13 minutes ago, RyanSmithers said:

Are we supposed to be getting them emailed to us today? I ordered the purple variant off merchnow and haven't gotten an email or anything. Just curious what I should expect. Thanks. 

Should be. I know some people have already gotten it, but it might depend on the variant as its up to those individual stores to send out the emails. Could be the merch direct ones that people have already gotten. Regardless, should be getting it soon.

15 hours ago, wiretap said:

Bummer about the leak, looks like we got a mole.

15 hours ago, ejc625 said:

I I think I read that the album was made available on iTunes and Apple Music for a short period of time the other day by mistake. Must have been up just long enough for someone to get a rip. 

There were actually two leaks.  There was the iTunes issue ejc625 here mentioned, and there was also a proper leak.  The unfortunate thing is that the leak is what is called a 'mutt rip', meaning that the songs were not from the same source material, and had different bitrates.

I always think it's unfortunate when there is a poor quality leak, you've now tarnished everyone's first impression of that album.  I hate early streams for the same reason, I've seen so many times that a song or album streams before it's release and everyone makes snap judgments about it.  Low and behold a month later the real release comes out and (if they give it another chance) they find that whatever gripe they had was due to the quality of the stream, not the album itself.

One of you guys should get yourself a what.cd account or something so you can keep track of this shit, if nothing else.

8 minutes ago, daegor said:

There were actually two leaks.  There was the iTunes issue ejc625 here mentioned, and there was also a proper leak.  The unfortunate thing is that the leak is what is called a 'mutt rip', meaning that the songs were not from the same source material, and had different bitrates.

I always think it's unfortunate when there is a poor quality leak, you've now tarnished everyone's first impression of that album.  I hate early streams for the same reason, I've seen so many times that a song or album streams before it's release and everyone makes snap judgments about it.  Low and behold a month later the real release comes out and (if they give it another chance) they find that whatever gripe they had was due to the quality of the stream, not the album itself.

One of you guys should get yourself a what.cd account or something so you can keep track of this shit, if nothing else.

Yeah, the iTunes issue was Sony's fault and they are voluntarily bending over backwards for us about it as that was a huge fuck up. The other leak is the mole, someone definitely gave it to someone they shouldn't have. I did have a what.cd account for a while but I'm not an active music pirater, so I wasn't able to keep it. On that same note, that market has become much smaller in the last 5 years. I think people are realizing that kinda shit can literally kill off bands now. When I was a teen that's definitely all I did, even ripped for FNT for a long time, not sure if they're still around. Anyways, It's a little soon but honestly we were expecting next week or the week after so just a little early, oh well.

57 minutes ago, daegor said:

I didn't think the leak(s) were low quality though. 

Seems like everyone loses in these cases :

1) the non-fan casually rips bcuz its there, hears possible subpar quality and rights off music. Therefore not purchasing / supporting band

2) casual fan rips to see if worth buying, hears quality - passes on purchasing

3) returning fan - rips bcuz they're too impatient and excited, hears subpar quality..doesnt give a shit and turns it up louder. Then waits impatiently for two pre-ordered variants to arrive. 

Point is. Fan #1, #2 and #3 are technically all classified together bcuz they all ripped, regardless of intention/motive. Not really trying to argue for or against, just stating my opinion on the matter. 

i preordered the record months ago but i also listened to the leak. i like it - its heavy. the interludes dont add much for me. death is a living partner / synthetic sun are the highlights of the record in my opinion. going to reserve judgment on where it stacks up against other NJ records till ive had a chance to let it sink in fully. looking forward to watching the documentary but havent seen a link for it yet. 

4 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Can't wait for a tour, I've yet to see them live.

I don't like to be the type to over-hype anything & make expectations unrealistically high, but I will say don't miss them when you get the chance.  Perhaps it's just my opinion that this type of noise is made for a live setting.  Also hoping for some kind of tour announcement soon to go along with the record release.  That stops within 8 hours of myself.

4 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Can't wait for a tour, I've yet to see them live.

I don't like to be the type to over-hype anything & make expectations unrealistically high, but I will say don't miss them when you get the chance.  Perhaps it's just my opinion that this type of noise is made for a live setting.  Also hoping for some kind of tour announcement soon to go along with the record release.  That stops within 8 hours of myself.