PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

18 hours ago, rcafilm said:

It will be purple/white unless there is a third variant, but with the limited variant at 1000 copies you can pretty much guarantee the purple/white is the only retail variant for a record like this.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. We were unaware of there even being a preorder up on Amazon that wasn't digital or CD so I imagine it's Solid State's variant (which is the white/purple)

Just got this email:

We would like to thank you for your purchase of Norma Jean - Polar Similar !

These items were originally scheduled to be shipped before the release date of 09.09.2016 but unfortunately there has been a delay in the production of the vinyl. 
We have been in contact with their record label and are told to expect them in Early November . You'll still be receiving the full album digital download as planned via email on the release date!

Cue "The Hobby!", "Record Store Day problems", etc. etc.

Edited by jamdbz

3 hours ago, jamdbz said:

Just got this email:

Cue "The Hobby!", "Record Store Day problems", etc. etc.

son of a bitch, my most anticipated release and now I have to wait longer? This hobby sucks, it's just a "merry go round" of waiting and broken promises. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

Norma Jean had a few bonus tracks between their last couple releases, any word of any this go around?  The last one was kinda sneaky, the track Family Bike Wreck was emailed to those who pre-ordered Wrongdoers...and I don't believe that it was even advertised.  I think they just came at random.  Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly.

3 hours ago, verb1999 said:

Norma Jean had a few bonus tracks between their last couple releases, any word of any this go around?  The last one was kinda sneaky, the track Family Bike Wreck was emailed to those who pre-ordered Wrongdoers...and I don't believe that it was even advertised.  I think they just came at random.  Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly.

Whaaaat never even heard of that! Coulda sworn I pre-ordered... may have done it on Amazon though. Oops. Gotta check that out now.

19 hours ago, verb1999 said:

Did a little research... it was a b-side given to MerchNow pre-orders. But yeah I was thinking this earlier... any "cut" songs from these sessions @wiretap?

16 hours ago, rcafilm said:

Whaaaat never even heard of that! Coulda sworn I pre-ordered... may have done it on Amazon though. Oops. Gotta check that out now.

It's a little over a minute long. I have it if you'd like. Just drop me a PM.

Also, really excited to see Norma Jean added on to the second leg of For Today's farewell tour! Definitely going to try and make it to that show now!

1 hour ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Did a little research... it was a b-side given to MerchNow pre-orders. But yeah I was thinking this earlier... any "cut" songs from these sessions @wiretap?

We do have one, not sure what we are going to do with it just yet. It's a banger that didn't really fit the tone of the record so we scrapped it. But we do plan to use it for something, more than likely. Kind of an earlier song in the writing process that felt more like a Wrongdoers song.

Edited by wiretap

45 minutes ago, wiretap said:

We do have one, not sure what we are going to do with it just yet. It's a banger that didn't really fit the tone of the record so we scrapped it. But we do plan to use it for something, more than likely. Kind of an earlier song in the writing process that felt more like a Wrongdoers song.

Wasn't there 2 b-sides to Wrongdoers? I thought I read that when the first b-side was released with the preorder packages.

As far as Polar Similar b-side, however you guys decide to make it available it'd be awesome to somehow make it something that I can purchase to support you guys. A 7" would be awesome. Kind of like what ETID did with their last album and released their b-side bonus tracks on a 7" with download codes for the songs themselves. 

As a fan, to get as much NJ songs on vinyl is always the goal!  Thanks for being cool on here and giving us great information. I can't wait for tomorrow to hear the album!!!

42 minutes ago, RyanSmithers said:

Wasn't there 2 b-sides to Wrongdoers? I thought I read that when the first b-side was released with the preorder packages.

Two if you count Shark Bite, which is more of a joke than anything, but there is another song we never released, theres a small snippet of it on the wrongdoers studio documentary thing that came with itunes preorders, but we have no plans to release it for various reasons.

5 hours ago, verb1999 said:

VERY excited to see them jump on board the For Today tour.  

I'll be swinging by Best Buy today to grab a CD, as well.

Thought about doing the same. It's payday and I wanna go buy Ocarina of Time 3DS so I'll already be there. 

Fucking excellent work, @wiretap.  I was sold a minute in, at "I HOPE YOU BURN!"  Gotta lotta listening to do, lyrics to read, etc.  And looking forward to it.  I like the booklet, too.  All separate pages, never seen that before.  These songs are going to be fun as hell live.  Just waiting on that tour, now!

2 hours ago, Fridge Fox said:

did you guys buying the cd not get the download email? there was a FLAC download too.

I haven't had the chance to preorder yet, but I will be before it ships. I don't have a computer anyway, so downloads are useless unless they're on cards I can use later. 

On September 9, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Fridge Fox said:

did you guys buying the cd not get the download email? there was a FLAC download too.

Did you order the red vinyl or the purple? My download from Merchnow was 160!!!! Unbelievable. Absolute joke that companies send the downloads in such a compressed file. Luckily I bought the cd as well.