PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

15 minutes ago, texan4life said:

http://solidstate.merchnow.com/products/v2/232205/polar-similar

Half price today only until 9AM PST/12AM  EST

Normally I don't make stinks about this sort of thing. Taking a $30 plunge on a release from a long time favorite band of mine is fine, though I did hesitate for about a month because of the price. 

But the fact that I haven't even received mine, and now it's half the price? It feels a bit like a kick in the teeth to us who have been patiently waiting all of this time. It is what it is, I'm still thoroughly happy with my decision to support the band any way I can. I just wish things like this didn't happen I guess, which I don't think is too much to ask.

Just for the record lest the pitchforks come out, the purple/white variant is exclusively Solid State's variant as well as the MerchNow store, what they do with it has no connection to us. The MerchDirect store however, is money that goes exclusively to us and the Red/Cream variant is ours. 

Also, hoping that the vinyl should arrive in the states and start shipping soon, seeing as they've been popping up in Europe already. We just played with Periphery in South Africa a couple weeks ago and their vinyl had also been delayed through the same facility, and had the same time frame as ours. Not sure what's going on with that place. 

4 minutes ago, wiretap said:

Just for the record lest the pitchforks come out, the purple/white variant is exclusively Solid State's variant as well as the MerchNow store, what they do with it has no connection to us. The MerchDirect store however, is money that goes exclusively to us and the Red/Cream variant is ours. 

I feel less bad about this since I ordered from MerchDirect (and knew it was all you), but it still made me frown.

11 minutes ago, daegor said:

I feel less bad about this since I ordered from MerchDirect (and knew it was all you), but it still made me frown.

I reposted their Facebook post on our page and didn't even think about it until people brought it up,  my guess is they probably didn't either so it was nothing intentional moreso than they are just running sales and picked that record for today. 

6 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

If I had to guess, they are probably putting the purple variant on sale because the red/cream is ready + shipping and purple shows it's still delayed to 11/11

still nice to grab for $20 shipped

i ordered the red / cream on june 16th and havent received any info about my copy shipping. when did they start shipping? 

I was just thinking the other day how almost every NJ release  I've purchased was always RIDICULOUSLY overpriced at first then sure enough after buying them they go on sale, first example O God HT exclusive which you can now find for as low as $5. Blows but I'll still support this band 

25 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

I was just thinking the other day how almost every NJ release  I've purchased was always RIDICULOUSLY overpriced at first then sure enough after buying them they go on sale, first example O God HT exclusive which you can now find for as low as $5. Blows but I'll still support this band 

Where can I find O God for $5? Lol.

SCANDAL! Can we ever trust Norma Jean again?! Should Cory be forced to step down?! Is Solid State secretly to blame?! Is this God punishing Norma Jean for saying dirty words?! Is this the end for the only band to ever LIE to their fans about shipping their vinylz?!?! Click here to find out!

Edited by rcafilm