PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

2 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Yes! @wiretap tell Corey to make this happen!!!!

Unfortunately, it's not really up to the band... they (and Solid State) don't own the rights anymore. It'd be up to that Universal Music Group (I think that's correct).

Also, on topic, it's been up for a little bit, but Polar Similar has a repress on translucent red:

http://solidstate.merchnow.com/products/v2/263036/polar-similar-transparent-red

978f9056433e4a388e864bc05883366d.jpeg

12 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Unfortunately, it's not really up to the band... they (and Solid State) don't own the rights anymore. It'd be up to that Universal Music Group (I think that's correct).

Also, on topic, it's been up for a little bit, but Polar Similar has a repress on translucent red:

http://solidstate.merchnow.com/products/v2/263036/polar-similar-transparent-red

978f9056433e4a388e864bc05883366d.jpeg

I am almost positive this is not a new press and is just the red with white first press because this has been available a while. If you look at the picture it has a merge/blob on the center that the red white one has. If it was a new press I would buy it because I love this album, but I am pretty sure I would just end up with two of the same. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

15 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I am almost positive this is not a new press and is just the red with white first press because this has been available a while. If you look at the picture it has a merge/blob on the center that the red white one has. If it was a new press I would buy it because I love this album, but I am pretty sure I would just end up with two of the same. 

Oh, well, who knows. It is labelled as a different press... and the red/white swirl was sold through a different distributor though.

17 minutes ago, wiretap said:

No repress that I know of, must be leftover red/white. Deluxe version of PS I mentioned at some point in here is in production right now. As for Redeemer, I mean, we are doing a Redeemer tour, sooooo...

Can’t seem to find what you said about the deluxe version. Curious what you’ve said about it. 

1 hour ago, ejc625 said:

Can’t seem to find what you said about the deluxe version. Curious what you’ve said about it. 

Oh weird, thought I mentioned it but we originally wanted to do a much nicer packaging for the record but the label turned it down due to cost, being a 2xLP and all but now that’s being printed now and we will be providing more info when that’s ready to go.

10 hours ago, wiretap said:

Oh weird, thought I mentioned it but we originally wanted to do a much nicer packaging for the record but the label turned it down due to cost, being a 2xLP and all but now that’s being printed now and we will be providing more info when that’s ready to go.

I remember something about bird feathers :)

16 hours ago, wiretap said:

No repress that I know of, must be leftover red/white. Deluxe version of PS I mentioned at some point in here is in production right now. As for Redeemer, I mean, we are doing a Redeemer tour, sooooo...

Thanks for the clarifications! That's some good info to hear.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:26 PM, wiretap said:

See you in Louisville! Let’s break out the shotguns. 

• 4 months later...

Oh hey, it’s been like 2 years but the deluxe version of PS IS happening. Got to see the packaging yesterday and it looks super rad, so despite the label dragging ass hard on getting these made I’m stoked it’s finally happening. Trying to have proper info out within the next month or two. 

18 hours ago, wiretap said:

Oh hey, it’s been like 2 years but the deluxe version of PS IS happening. Got to see the packaging yesterday and it looks super rad, so despite the label dragging ass hard on getting these made I’m stoked it’s finally happening. Trying to have proper info out within the next month or two. 

Aside from deluxe version of PS any new music on the horizon?

• 5 months later...