PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

Just a heads up, if you sign up for the $10 tier (or more) of the Labeled podcast patreon you get 20% off at T&N/SS.  Not sure if this will be over $50 or not, but I'm sure I can spend over $50.

HOWEVER they're still getting everything off the ground and they haven't actually provided anyone the discount yet, not sure if it will come through before tomorrow at 2 EST or not.

4 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Ugh I can't do $60.  

Yea a bit steep for a deluxe version - but still they went above and beyond what normal "Deluxe" edition pressings are nowadays (simply different  variant and/or jacket). This is practically a mini-box set. Ordered the midnight blue - can't wait to get this and go through all the goodies :) :)

Just now, ethanpricington said:

Yea a bit steep for a deluxe version - but still they went above and beyond what normal "Deluxe" edition pressings are nowadays (simply different  variant and/or jacket). This is practically a mini-box set. Ordered the midnight blue - can't wait to get this and go through all the goodies :) :)

That's how I feel about it. It's a boxset and limited so I can justify it.  

2 minutes ago, wiretap said:

Sorry guys, the price is a bit steep but it’s as low as we could get them to go. Trust me, we wanted them to be as low as possible. But they’re nice box sets that we spent a lot of time working out the kinks on, and I guarantee they are quality. 

honestly not mad at the price and the shipping is better than i expected!

11 minutes ago, nevelsaynevels said:

honestly not mad at the price and the shipping is better than i expected!

We were suppper bummed about shipping price issues with both the original Polar Similar pressing as well as the Redeemer repress, so that was an issue we addressed and tried to make sure wasn’t out of control. 

4 minutes ago, ajborneman said:

I was hoping to come in here and find a nice, reasonably priced pressing. Not a $70 (shipping included) box set full of gimmicky crap...  "But they're nice box sets Brent"

Wack-Gif.gif

Not to say in any way I'm dissing you or the fact that you obviously wanted to make a good investment in your audio  setup, but the fact that you had to have spent AT LEAST $2,000 on it all, I think a $70 record (btw a really good record by a really good band/group of guys) is not a big deal for you..

10 minutes ago, ajborneman said:

I was hoping to come in here and find a nice, reasonably priced pressing. Not a $70 (shipping included) box set full of gimmicky crap...  "But they're nice box sets Brent"

Wack-Gif.gif

Then don’t buy it. We thought it was cool, sorry it’s not up to your standards. We aren’t making money off these so it’s no sweat off my sack what you do either way.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Missing some context here....

Dude made the comment about essentially not wanting to drop $70 when this is his setup: 

Set-Up:

Table - Pro-ject 1Xpression III Comfort (approx $850)

Amp - Harmon/Kardon AVR 254 w/ Pro-ject Phono Box E  (approx $280-300)

Speakers - Golden Ear Aon 3 w/ Proficient GS6 Sub (approx $1000)

Just now, ethanpricington said:

Dude made the comment about essentially not wanting to drop $70 when this is his setup: 

Set-Up:

Table - Pro-ject 1Xpression III Comfort (approx $850)

Amp - Harmon/Kardon AVR 254 w/ Pro-ject Phono Box E  (approx $280-300)

Speakers - Golden Ear Aon 3 w/ Proficient GS6 Sub (approx $1000)

Oh, I don't have signatures showing...gotcha.

6 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Not to say in any way I'm dissing you or the fact that you obviously wanted to make a good investment in your audio  setup, but the fact that you had to have spent AT LEAST $2,000 on it all, I think a $70 record (btw a really good record by a really good band/group of guys) is not a big deal for you..

Work for a high end A/V company.  Got the speakers and table for less than half cost, and I got the amp for free from a customer who was upgrading  ; )   So don't get it twisted.  And I agree, great band and great dudes (I own most of their records). Doesn't change the fact that, in my opinion, the cost of records are getting a bit out of hand.  By all means buy this if you please, it's just not for me. 

18 minutes ago, ajborneman said:

Work for a high end A/V company.  Got the speakers and table for less than half cost, and I got the amp for free from a customer who was upgrading  ; )   So don't get it twisted.  And I agree, great band and great dudes (I own most of their records). Doesn't change the fact that, in my opinion, the cost of records are getting a bit out of hand.  By all means buy this if you please, it's just not for me. 

The prices of records have gone up for numerous reasons. The pressing plants have drastically raised their prices in recent years due to the surge of popularity, and relatively speaking, there aren’t an insane amount of pressing plants out there.  That coupled with the fact that vinyl makes more money for labels than cd and digital sales these days, and there ya go. I assure you we tried our hardest to get them to go as low as possible on this. It wasn’t about making a buck for us, it was about releasing a version of the vinyl that was the original design and concept for the artwork in the first place. The first press was a simplified compromise of this packaging.