PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

7 minutes ago, RyanSmithers said:

Did you order the red vinyl or the purple? My download from Merchnow was 160!!!! Unbelievable. Absolute joke that companies send the downloads in such a compressed file. Luckily I bought the cd as well. 

I ordered red from MerchDirect and got the FLAC Downlod email too, also got CD as well for Newbury for the autographed lyric sheet 

45 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

I ordered red from MerchDirect and got the FLAC Downlod email too, also got CD as well for Newbury for the autographed lyric sheet 

I obviously should've ordered from merch direct. Sheesh. Merchnow. What a joke. 

Edited by RyanSmithers

2 hours ago, RyanSmithers said:

Did you order the red vinyl or the purple? My download from Merchnow was 160!!!! Unbelievable. Absolute joke that companies send the downloads in such a compressed file. Luckily I bought the cd as well. 

Dude, seriously? Fucking merchnow, man. Looking into that. 

Just a heads up to anyone who ordered from http://normajean.merchdirect.com/ they've now posted an autographed bundle as of a week ago or so (I think), which was the same bundle I already ordered.  I emailed them & asked them to switch mine over to the autograph, or to cancel so I could re-order it myself, which they did.  In case anyone else is interested in doing that. 

4 hours ago, wiretap said:

Alright, label said they were gonna get MerchNOW the HQ files to send out. Not sure when but I'll be checking on it because 160 is fucking stupid. 

That's cool. I'll always take higher files, but some are overreacting. Great music. Listened through a few times already. Thank you. 

7 hours ago, verb1999 said:

Just a heads up to anyone who ordered from http://normajean.merchdirect.com/ they've now posted an autographed bundle as of a week ago or so (I think), which was the same bundle I already ordered.  I emailed them & asked them to switch mine over to the autograph, or to cancel so I could re-order it myself, which they did.  In case anyone else is interested in doing that. 

is it just a signed litho or the actual jacket/sleeve?

edit: looks like inner gatefold

Edited by antisyntax

1 hour ago, antisyntax said:

looks like inner gatefold

Yeah, I should have clarified that it's the same t-shirt/vinyl bundle, and is the same price ($50 + $5.99 shipping), only, as stated above, looks like the inner gate has the autographs.  On Twitter I read that 100 were signed/limited to 100/however you wanna say it.

14 hours ago, wiretap said:

Alright, label said they were gonna get MerchNOW the HQ files to send out. Not sure when but I'll be checking on it because 160 is fucking stupid. 

i finally found a best buy that had them I purchased all 4 of them, going to give them to friends as gifts because this album is that good. ive listened to it probably over 30 times.

I decided to not wait for the vinyl due to the delay and downloaded the mp3 - sounded pretty alright in my car, but I'm partially deaf in one ear so maybe I just can't tell that the quality was that poor.

Polar Similar may be the best thing that Norma Jean has ever recorded.  It really is that good. I love the feeling you get when you're listening to an album for the 1st time and you instantly realize that it is so great you'll wind up hearing it a few hundred more times in your lifetime...

10 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I decided to not wait for the vinyl due to the delay and downloaded the mp3 - sounded pretty alright in my car, but I'm partially deaf in one ear so maybe I just can't tell that the quality was that poor.

Polar Similar may be the best thing that Norma Jean has ever recorded.  It really is that good. I love the feeling you get when you're listening to an album for the 1st time and you instantly realize that it is so great you'll wind up hearing it a few hundred more times in your lifetime...

O' God was the album that made me fall in love with heavy music, so it'll forever be my favorite of theirs. But Polar Similar is easily some of their best songwriting, and the execution is fucking phenomenal. Forever and always my favorite heavy band. 

10 hours ago, verb1999 said:

Yeah, I should have clarified that it's the same t-shirt/vinyl bundle, and is the same price ($50 + $5.99 shipping), only, as stated above, looks like the inner gate has the autographs.  On Twitter I read that 100 were signed/limited to 100/however you wanna say it.

might have to grab this, did they give you hassle about changing over the bundle? hoping I can swap out the shirt for a different design

14 hours ago, verb1999 said:

quantities are showing 45 of each size for the bundle.. I wonder if its just the first 100 orders of that bundle or something

also no substitutions on the shirt which is a bummer because it's the weakest design.

Edited by antisyntax

So I had waited to listen to anything off Polar Similar until it was released and I got my download of the entire album. This is 100% Album of the Year for me. I've always loved Norma Jean. I really dug deep into them when Redeemer was released. Picked it up from Walmart and it sat in my cd player for about 6 months. Fast forward to Wrongdoers, man that album was to me one of the heaviest albums I've ever heard. (Not trying to overshadow Meridional, its a amazing album too) Wrongdoers just struck a chord with me and it still sticks with me. I never thought they could top that. Then the chaos that is Polar Similar was unleashed. I can't believe I ever thought that they couldn't outdo Wrongdoers. I know, I'm an idiot. They not only outdid it, they complete took it to a new level but still stayed true to the Norma Jean sound. From Cory's hellish screams to his angelic singing, to the riffs and guitar tone, the driving bass, and the pounding drum patterns. This album has skyrocketed to the top of my all time favorite album. I haven't stopped listening to it yet, don't know if I ever will. Good job boys, another killer album. Sorry for the long post :D

Edited by Mattiktpq

Since they removed down voting I know feel safe to say this. This album was absolutely fucking horrible, the lyrics were good but the musicianship and pace were atrocious. They expect us to care about three tracks that are in it for barely 2 minutes and then disappear? There was no emotion in why I should care for these songs I heard for all of 6 minutes. I feel like every scene or indie person ate this up because it was hip. ill see you all at the guillotine later.

21 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Since they removed down voting I know feel safe to say this. This album was absolutely fucking horrible, the lyrics were good but the musicianship and pace were atrocious. They expect us to care about three tracks that are in it for barely 2 minutes and then disappear? There was no emotion in why I should care for these songs I heard for all of 6 minutes. I feel like every scene or indie person ate this up because it was hip. ill see you all at the guillotine later.

Love you Derek! you got me good, took me a second before i realized. You right i was a bitch posting that, i see my wrong. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

4 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Love you Derek! you got me good, took me a second before i realized. You right i was a bitch posting that, i see my wrong. 

And just to thwart assumptions, I've yet to listen to this album or watch Stranger Things.  Not a fanboy in either camp, just wanted to see if you or anyone else would take the bait.

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

oGme8.gif