PO NOW: NORMA JEAN - POLAR SIMILAR

In response to the standard vinyl release... I am in this band, and we had a ton of cool stuff we wanted to do vinyl-wise (different colored artwork covers that matched the vinyl, included pieces of feather or other objects relative to the artwork, etc, packaged in a box and more) but the 2xLP had the label skimping. But, they are open to letting us do what we want for record store day next year if these sell. So if that sounds cool, grab one of these to help us make what we really wanted to do. 

5 hours ago, wiretap said:

In response to the standard vinyl release... I am in this band, and we had a ton of cool stuff we wanted to do vinyl-wise (different colored artwork covers that matched the vinyl, included pieces of feather or other objects relative to the artwork, etc, packaged in a box and more) but the 2xLP had the label skimping. But, they are open to letting us do what we want for record store day next year if these sell. So if that sounds cool, grab one of these to help us make what we really wanted to do. 

i bought both colors, this album is grammy worthy

9 hours ago, wiretap said:

Don't wanna fan out too bad, but you're in the best band ever. 

11 hours ago, wiretap said:

Man, I would jump on that so fast. Really hope it works out!

And... not to be one of those annoying fans, but do you have any knowledge of any of your back catalog getting repressed in the future? I know you're not with R&T anymore, but I would die for a deluxe reissue of Meridional. And of course I'd love to see The Nail get decent Bless the Martyr and Redeemer presses going, but I know dealing with UMG is like pulling teeth so I'm not holding my breath.

55 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

Man, I would jump on that so fast. Really hope it works out!

And... not to be one of those annoying fans, but do you have any knowledge of any of your back catalog getting repressed in the future? I know you're not with R&T anymore, but I would die for a deluxe reissue of Meridional. And of course I'd love to see The Nail get decent Bless the Martyr and Redeemer presses going, but I know dealing with UMG is like pulling teeth so I'm not holding my breath.

On the older stuff, neither us or T&N own those records anymore, we originally left solid state when they sold themselves, they've since become independent again (we wouldn't have signed otherwise) but yeah, didn't get those records back so I don't see that happening on our watch, and if it does they'll probably do it super lame and shitty. (see; the 20th century masters thing that came out without us knowing) Wrongdoers and meridional, we own the publishing to (lesson learned from our previous SS experience) but I'm not too business savvy so I'm not sure if that grants us the ability to repress those somewhere else. If so, we might consider it in the future. Obviously not any time soon with Polar Similar coming out. 

Edited by wiretap

Oh and, I didn't want my previous post to sound like we are bummed on what we are currently selling, I think it looks great as-is. I just lurk this board and appreciate that vinyl collectors like having actual physical "art" that's as cool as the music on it (Hell, I just started collecting, I don't even have a record player, just cool to have) and we want to make that happen even if it ends up being extremely limited. 

Edited by wiretap

2 hours ago, wiretap said:

On the older stuff, neither us or T&N own those records anymore, we originally left solid state when they sold themselves, they've since become independent again (we wouldn't have signed otherwise) but yeah, didn't get those records back so I don't see that happening on our watch, and if it does they'll probably do it super lame and shitty. (see; the 20th century masters thing that came out without us knowing) Wrongdoers and meridional, we own the publishing to (lesson learned from our previous SS experience) but I'm not too business savvy so I'm not sure if that grants us the ability to repress those somewhere else. If so, we might consider it in the future. Obviously not any time soon with Polar Similar coming out. 

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I wasn't crazy how they handled O God (who among us didn't want to see packaging modeled after the 2006 CD reissue?) but I'll take what I can get. Totally on board with you guys focusing on the new album, it's my most anticipated release of the year! But yeah, if you guys ever wanted to reissue Meridional somewhere down the road, I for one would be all over it. Food for thought. :)

6 hours ago, wiretap said:

Thanks! I'm guessing you have an advanced copy since I know those are out now. 

I am part of a podcast that's part of a big network and we were up in LA filming with the network and their sound guy who works for one of the big labels up had a version and played it for me while we were working. Honestly best thing you guys have ever written and destoys other releases so far this year. This album is going to be huge. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

• 3 weeks later...