Melvins - Houdini LP | Stoner Witch LP | Stag 2xLP

28 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

That's because Melvins fans are sane, logical creatures. 

Cmon both fan bases are pretty similar when it comes to how fanatic they can be.  Is it really that sane to pay $30 for a 7".  Screen print a cover slap a limited number on it and Melvins fans lose their shit and will spend big bucks on it, I am pretty guilty of it as well.

10 hours ago, Petehiltonjr said:

Can you explain to me? I'm unclear, but would love to get copies (even though I already ordered the black copies). 

Explanation: TMR releases all of their variants in non-standard form, so there is no precedent. They could sell them in store only in Nashville or Detroit, or maybe bust out the rolling record store and sell 10 copies here and there as they travel across the country.  They could send them with the band on tour or send them to random indie stores for special instore events.  They could put the records in giant bottles and throw them in the ocean or sell them online.....basically no one knows till TMR announces something.  That announcement could be weeks or moments before the actual release, but either way people will be scrambling from around the world to either get there or talk their 3rd aunt into lining up for them.

2 hours ago, apirk said:

man to be a Minneapolis area Melvins fan

hoping they just take the extras on tour with them since I'll be seeing them not long after the minneapolis show 

It is. They've been doing Grumpys shows since 2000 I believe and I've to almost all. Gor 5 bucks each, I Got the Spit it Out and Shit Sandwich 7"s at those shows. I've since sold them to pay for some medical bills for my kid. Tough to do but really an easy choice also. 

3 minutes ago, yancey47 said:

It is. They've been doing Grumpys shows since 2000 I believe and I've to almost all. Gor 5 bucks each, I Got the Spit it Out and Shit Sandwich 7"s at those shows. I've since sold them to pay for some medical bills for my kid. Tough to do but really an easy choice also. 

Guess you're not missing that "Pure Digital Silence" track tho? ;) Hope all is well at home.

• jhulud locked this topic