PO Now: Anthony Green - Pixie Queen

On 8/5/2016 at 9:40 AM, niku said:

im not lol. well never really be sure until we actually get it, but this is my guess. 

splatter - pictured right of jacket, tour variant

red/black color in color /500 - not pictured (but on will yips twitter), memory music store exclusive 

red/black /1000 - pictured left of jacket, bullmoose exclusive

red/orange /3000 - pictured top of jacket, memory music 

MM005.jpg

This was my suspicion too. 

Edited by EHughes527

4 hours ago, jose said:

Yeah, that's my Sly post on the release, but there's nothing in there that hasn't been covered by this thread at this time... But it does have all URLs in one place, so there's that...

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Still waiting on mine to actually ship. 

Same. Mine is still in pre shipment mode as well.

52 minutes ago, danoise said:

I was happy to see this arrived early. 9/9 is my birthday so I'm happy to get an early gift to myself. Black/red Variant looks so good with the artwork. It's got some good string arrangements, notably on "I'm not holding you back".

Definitely a good track. Digging this album as much as young legs already. "Dawn on the canal" and "pixie queen" are probably my favorite tracks from this so far. 

Got them in yesterday. Love each of the different variants but I don't see any of the yellow/orange from the Bside of the /500 that was supposed to be there haha. Red A/ Orange B is more of a swirl. and the other really looks black until you hold it up to light and you can see the red through the black, it's pretty cool. Probably my favorite.

WSUwveS.jpg

This album is probably my favorite anthony green record after only one listen. I got the indie exclusive variant and it's pretty much just black but it sounds great. I'll probably get the tour variant in Denver if they still have them. Check this record out if you haven't already!

23 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

Check this record out if you haven't already!

Uh...duh?

These kind of posts always amaze me. 

Step 1) come into a thread devoted to a record

Step 2) notice that everyone is excited about said record

Step 3) this one is very important...act like no one is actually excited about this album. Completely disregard all the glowing hope everyone has for it, and all the implications of "I can't wait to listen to this!"

Step 3.5) tell everyone they should listen to the record they're already excited about...

Yeah. Thanks, guy. I think we know that to enjoy music you're excited about you're going to have to...wait for it...listen to that music.

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Uh...duh?

Step 3) this one is very important...act like no one is actually excited about this album. Completely disregard all the glowing hope everyone has for it, and all the implications of "I can't wait to listen to this!"

Step 3.5) tell everyone they should listen to the record they're already excited about...

Yeah. Thanks, guy. I think we know that to enjoy music you're excited about you're going to have to...wait for it...listen to that music.

This is the saddest post I have ever seen on this board. I'm seriously depressed now. 

I, for one, know that there's always lurkers and people silently on the fence about records who browse this site... so being excited, thinking the record's great, and recommending it is fine in my eyes. I've been swayed a few times by knowing a record I was indecisive or tentative on was being received well.

Also, why squash someone's enthusiasm? Sure, it may sound redundant to you, but like - they're not trying to be condescending.

Regardless - the record's really good. Anyone unsure due to lukewarm reception of past albums should give it a try, arguably some of his best material.

Edited by deer

42 minutes ago, deer said:

I, for one, know that there's always lurkers and people silently on the fence about records who browse this site... so being excited, thinking the record's great, and recommending it is fine in my eyes. I've been swayed a few times by knowing a record I was indecisive or tentative on was being received well.

Also, why squash someone's enthusiasm? Sure, it may sound redundant to you, but like - they're not trying to be condescending.

Regardless - the record's really good. Anyone unsure due to lukewarm reception of past albums should give it a try, arguably some of his best material.

This right here. 

42 minutes ago, deer said:

This right here. 

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Uh...duh?

I give up on this site. Sigh.