sleeve talk aka the sleeve chatline aka the daily sleeve

tug

sleeves have really been a hot topic on this forum lately so lets give them their own thread.  the daily sleeve.  where does everyone buy replacement sleeves and what kind do you buy? paper? poly? poly lined paper? regular weight? heavy weight? lip? no lip? corner cuts? no corner cuts? etc?  feel free to be curious and interested in this topic and share photos as well.  ps: only inner sleeves*

Edited by tug

I only buy perfectly square, white, poly-lined, no-lip, no corner cut, viewing hole in the center sleeves that have the fold on the inside so they look the same front and back. They're more aesthetically pleasing to me. Luckily I found a website where I can get large quantities inexpensively. Being so particular is hard work.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I only buy perfectly square, white, poly-lined, no-lip, no corner cut, viewing hole in the center sleeves that have the fold on the inside so they look the same front and back. They're more aesthetically pleasing to me. Luckily I found a website where I can get large quantities inexpensively. Being so particular is hard work.

Thanks for PMing me the link man, that was so kind of you! Good thing I stocked up - I think I cleaned them out! They told me they aren't getting another shipment for a long time!

Just now, MayCauseDeath said:

rep has nothing to do with it, the quality of posts you submit just bring the quality of this thread down. You are a troll 100% that needs to be expelled from the thread.

i am looking for a nice inner sleeve. i am all about quality. thats it.  if someone would of helped then i would be gone from here long ago

I was only 9 years old I loved tug so much, I had all the lipless sleeves and used albums
I pray to tug every night before bed thanking him for the sleeves I've been given. 
tug is love I say, tug is life 
VC overhears me and calls me a troll 
I knew they were just jealous of my devotion for tug 
I called them a meanie 
They downvote me and send me to go to sleep 
Im crying now, and my reputation hurts 
I lay in bed and its really cold 
A warmth is moving towards me. 
I feel something touch me 
Its tug 
I am so happy 
He whispers in to ear "this is my thread" 
He grabs me with his powerful poly-lined paper hands and puts me on my hands and knees 
I'm ready 
I spread my lipless paper sleeves for tug
He penetrates my sleeve hole
It hurts so much but I do it for tug
I can feel my sleeves tearing as my eyes start to water 
I push against his force 
I want to please tug 
He roars a mighty roar as he asks where to find lipless sleeves with his threads
VC walks in 
tug looks them straight in the eye and says "Its all lipless now" 
tug leaves the forum

tug is love tug is life.

40 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

There was a post punk (or just punk?) band in the late 70s that put out a record in a sleeve where the inside was sandpaper so that you couldn't take out the record without damaging it.

I'm voting Sandpaper Sleeve in 2016 and so should you.

You're thinking of The Durutti Column. The jacket was sandpaper so it would ruin the other records next to it on the shelf.

Edited by Youinreverse

48 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Fuck

That's the band I was thinking of, but I feel like someone at some point had a sandpaper inner sleeve.

An artist named Christian Marclay did this according to the last post on this page. I'm sure it's been done by others too. http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22523&sid=075b053db7f1ef05afa712403e29cfec

Edit: he did a "record without a cover.

Dansk Flode did a record with sandpaper outer and inner sleeve.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

• jhulud locked this topic