Touché Amore - Stage Four 9/16/16

1 hour ago, runforcover said:

Am I stupid? The only band I can think of that fits this criteria is Converge. 

58 minutes ago, deer said:

I've no idea about anything else but Deafheaven went to Anti-, which is a sister/subsidary? label to Epitaph.

yeah i spoke out of my ass, talking shit while bored at work is really awesome.  I mostly meant deafheaven, title fight, pbtt, defeater, twiabp. bands from that era, scene, whatever, some of which i actually kinda thought they were DW bands but actually not.  And btw, nothing wrong with epitaph really, they seem to let artist do whatever they want, just pay more.  i just prefer the effort others put on their record releases like the deluxe versions of touche amore from DW. 

Edited by dirtydebutant

the new song they played on their last Euro tour was awesome. way faster, pushing forward than the stuff on ISB

Definitely in for the new reord. Whatever label they'll be on, I'm hoping for a deluxe variant in line with PTSBBAM and ISB

Edit:

This is a rather low quality capture of that song:

Edited by xtobi-wanx

It's kind of a petty way to think, but epitaph never ever does any standout or memorable vinyl variants. just solid colors, always, and this is kinda bleh to me compared to Deathwish which does so many nice unique releases. I know a lot of Deathwish releases are all-solid-color but I still see a lot more creativity and nice deluxe packages there.

I'd be okay with Epitaph doing just solid colors & standard releases if their vinyl wasn't really expensive, too. like, look at how much the saosin record, the title fight record, the deafheaven record etc. was compared to albums on their respective previous labels. Floral Green vs. Hyperview is an egregious case of this overpricing imo.

Edited by deer

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Maybe if they're on Epitaph deathwish will still corelease the vinyl like with Converge albums *fingers crossed*

The only Epitaph releases I have are Converge's albums and TWIABP - Harmlessness, but they are all good pressings.

My Bad Religion ones are decent, I haven't had any major issues with them

thanks for the vid xtobi

alright, it was just a quick tought i had. sorry about bringing this up in the topic. Whoever releases this, whenever its out, lets get back on the topic. Epitaph makes great records, DW does awesome records and packaging..  New touche amore this year? sign me up!  this and the new converge will make 2016 a great year im sure.

and this was my 666th post

Edited by dirtydebutant

4 hours ago, deer said:

It's kind of a petty way to think, but epitaph never ever does any standout or memorable vinyl variants. just solid colors, always, and this is kinda bleh to me compared to Deathwish which does so many nice unique releases. I know a lot of Deathwish releases are all-solid-color but I still see a lot more creativity and nice deluxe packages there.

I'd be okay with Epitaph doing just solid colors & standard releases if their vinyl wasn't really expensive, too. like, look at how much the saosin record, the title fight record, the deafheaven record etc. was compared to albums on their respective previous labels. Floral Green vs. Hyperview is an egregious case of this overpricing imo.

The new Architects album had some pretty cool varaints (I have the black/gold mix and it looks great). Also the Deafheaven record has awesome packaging (granted it was not cheap and the release was a mess with all the delays). That being said, I hope they stay on Deathwish as well being they do such a great job with their releases.

On topic though, definitely in for a copy of the new album. I agree it will be hard to top the new Hesitation Wounds album, it was fucking awesome.