Touché Amore - Stage Four 9/16/16

29 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

Got the deluxe and KRM Euro versions of this today. So good looking, the both of them... I like the Euro variant of this best with the artwork, and that deluxe book is beautiful. Only thing that sucks about this, really, is that I now wanna track down the two other deluxe editions. 

There are a few deluxe ISB on Discogs for less that $30, which is how much they originally sold for. 

4 minutes ago, zerohacker said:

Just came home to find the deluxe and the white w/ the 7" at my door. I needed this today. 

The inscription in the dead wax reads "For Sandy". I don't think dead wax has ever made me cry before. 

the other side says "with love" :(

17 hours ago, zerohacker said:

Just came home to find the deluxe and the white w/ the 7" at my door. I needed this today. 

The inscription in the dead wax reads "For Sandy". I don't think dead wax has ever made me cry before. 

That must be only on the deluxe, right? My clear/oxblood doesn't have that. That sucks.

25 minutes ago, futures said:

what?

The EU preorders of the deluxe had a signed poster instead of the book being signed, I think that's what he meant. 

12 minutes ago, nick69 said:

That must be only on the deluxe, right? My clear/oxblood doesn't have that. That sucks.

I'm pretty sure the white has it too, it might just be the Euro copies that don't have it. 

5 minutes ago, zerohacker said:

The EU preorders of the deluxe had a signed poster instead of the book being signed, I think that's what he meant. 

I'm pretty sure the white has it too, it might just be the Euro copies that don't have it. 

Right on. Just to complete the story from two pages ago.

If there's actually a demand for that poster, hit me up. If anyone wants it and pays for shipping from Germany, I'm glad to share...

21 hours ago, drewberinger said:

l8Zp3li.jpg

3 hours ago, zerohacker said:

I was looking through the other deluxe books and they really stepped it up a notch with the one for Stage Four. Glossy pages and more detailed printing. I can see why the cost was more than the other two books. Top notch quality. 

A) Thanks zerohacker, I scored ISB for $28 shipped!

B ) NO THANKS to Drew, who is really making me consider shelling out the cash for the other two. This band totally won me over with ISB and secured their spot as a top 5 band with Stage Four.

7 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

A) Thanks zerohacker, I scored ISB for $28 shipped!

B ) NO THANKS to Drew, who is really making me consider shelling out the cash for the other two. This band totally won me over with ISB and secured their spot as a top 5 band with Stage Four.

You should definitely get the other 2. You're half way there. You can do it. 

Just now, zerohacker said:

Rad! What variant of Stage Four is it?

The indie store White, I had to buy that or the Deluxe to get in the show, I probably should have shelled out the 40 bucks for the deluxe, but I listened to the vinyl the other day and the white is livable, if anything I might give it to my friend who didn't get to go to the show if I decided to go buy the DW red.

47 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

The indie store White, I had to buy that or the Deluxe to get in the show, I probably should have shelled out the 40 bucks for the deluxe, but I listened to the vinyl the other day and the white is livable, if anything I might give it to my friend who didn't get to go to the show if I decided to go buy the DW red.

It was fuckin' sick. You goin on saturday, too? These guys are the best band in the fucking world.

55 minutes ago, diabretic said:

It was fuckin' sick. You goin on saturday, too? These guys are the best band in the fucking world.

I wish, I got tickets to Ozzfest before the Touché show got announced, I'm also sad I'm gonna miss Balance but I'll see them later this year at the Regent. Hopefully I'll see Touché on their next tour, I haven't properly seen them headline yet.

Got my DW copy yesterday, two days earlier than the shipping estimate! It's got 3 little white streaks in the clear red, only noticeable upon close inspection. Tells me my copy must have been early on in the run. It's a beautiful record and it sounds great. I've heard terrible things about Epitaph pressings, but the only two I own (this and TWIABP Harmlessness) are fantastic.

Not sure how I feel about the album, other than it's great. I don't get a truly visceral emotional reaction from it, but both my parents are alive and I'm not on speaking terms with either of them.

My TA album rankings are weird though. Dead Horse is my favorite (brings back memories of them playing floor shows and shit), but Is Survived By is their best, and my favorite song by them (Home Away from Here) is on PTSBAM. Not sure how Stage Four will fit into that, but this band has never disappointed me. Bought the demo 7" for $1 on a whim and have never been let down.