Touché Amore - Stage Four 9/16/16

Haven't had much time to listen to this, but I've really enjoyed it the two changes I've gotten.  Once I get caught up on everything, I plan on giving it a real good listen with more of my attention.

I'm mostly happy with the deluxe.  Only real complaint is that the sleeve that holds the LP is real tight.  I just checked my deluxe ISB and Parting and they're tight as well, but not quite like this.  Anyone else have that issue?

On 9/26/2016 at 2:10 PM, hookups96 said:

So my deluxe copy finally showed up. Thanks for the priority shipping that says 2 days, but took a week. Open up the box and it's a standard black copy. I thought am I losing my mind, did I order the wrong copy? Search my email real quick and see I did pay $50 for the deluxe. Super bummed, but just shot kings road a message.

I found that the sleeves on my ISB deluxe editions were a smidge tighter than this one. 

Just got emailed from KRM about orange being shorted and my order is being "upgraded" to the deluxe. Gutted beyond belief. If anyone wants to trade their orange for a mint, unopened copy of the deluxe, get in touch. Please don't argue with me about why I don't want to own the deluxe. Wonder if I was the only one here who got cancelled since nobody else has posted about it yet.

48 minutes ago, deer said:

Just got emailed from KRM about orange being shorted and my order is being "upgraded" to the deluxe. Gutted beyond belief. If anyone wants to trade their orange for a mint, unopened copy of the deluxe, get in touch. Please don't argue with me about why I don't want to own the deluxe. Wonder if I was the only one here who got cancelled since nobody else has posted about it yet.

Is that the Euro color?

1 minute ago, deer said:

Transparent orange would be the now-sold-out NA variant, meaning that I most likely will have to go after one sold by a scalper/flipper...

Damn. Too bad. I bought the Euro color to see how fast KRM Europe was and check out their packaging. Market research and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

That is super shitty news.  How early on did you order, @deer?  New Halloween Orange /500 is a beaut.

Was a fairly late order compared to when the PO went up... unsure how close to the sellout point it was but I'd imagine it was pretty close. Guess it's just a reason for me to save money for preorders beforehand so I'm actually able to get them when they go up instead of weeks later.

"Hey there -

We just wanted to give you an update on your order. Unfortunately, we were shorted on our shipment of Touche Amore Stage Four Orange Vinyl.  We tried a few alternatives and your order will be upgraded to the Deluxe Hardcover book version on 180g vinyl.  If this is not an adequate solution to this, please let us know.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact us.

All the best, and thanks for your support- "

FUCK! I ORDERED THIS THE DAY IT WENT UP I'M SO PISSED. LIKE DEER SAID IF YOU WANNA TRADE A NEW DELUXE FOR AN ORANGE HIT ME UP 

I got my orange about a week ago.  It's warbly as fuck!  It's not even warped, it's just a bad press, like the guitar tones will waver in and out of tune as the record spins, and the needle is swaying the entire time.  Out of curiosity, is there a more proper term for that (other than "warbly as fuck")?

Maybe I just got a bad copy, but if not, those of you that have missed out on the orange variant haven't missed out on much.

I also bought the deluxe and was delivered a standard black.  I emailed KRM and they told me to keep that and they would send me a proper deluxe version, which I received last Friday.  So at least there's that.  Haven't listened to the deluxe yet though.

It's a rad album though.

8 minutes ago, tdogg241 said:

It's not even warped, it's just a bad press, like the guitar tones will waver in and out of tune as the record spins, and the needle is swaying the entire time.  Out of curiosity, is there a more proper term for that (other than "warbly as fuck")?

Sounds like it's pressed off-center.

I hate to be one of these people, but this is my favourite release this year and none of the shows are coming close - *if* there is a tour variant, I'll compensate you greatly for it. 

Conclude annoying tour variant request post. 

To add something of value, I got one of my friends into this band through this album. He loves them now.

11 hours ago, deer said:

I hate to be one of these people, but this is my favourite release this year and none of the shows are coming close - *if* there is a tour variant, I'll compensate you greatly for it. 

Conclude annoying tour variant request post. 

To add something of value, I got one of my friends into this band through this album. He loves them now.

or a clever way to give up looking for an orange copy ;)

5 hours ago, mootloot said:

I'm going to the Oct 22nd show in providence. Been holding off getting a copy in hope that there's a tour edition. I'll grab an extra If it exists. 

Please buy two extra tour edition LPs!! I would like to buy one of them and will cover the shipping costs and stuff...

Edited by xschurzix