Touché Amore - Stage Four 9/16/16

I'm listening to the full album again tonight, reading through all the lyrics.

Legitimately did not connect the title of this album with the diagnosis of stage four cancer. I know that's what the album's about, but for some reason it didn't click in my head until I heard the lyric in "Displacement". It broke my heart. I'm sure this is old news, I just wanted to share. I can't get over this album.

11 hours ago, deer said:

I'm listening to the full album again tonight, reading through all the lyrics.

Legitimately did not connect the title of this album with the diagnosis of stage four cancer. I know that's what the album's about, but for some reason it didn't click in my head until I heard the lyric in "Displacement". It broke my heart. I'm sure this is old news, I just wanted to share. I can't get over this album.

Logged on to say I didn't realize that was where the name of the album came from either, I assumed they just did it because it was their fourth record. Which would have been super hokey, so obviously it was something else. I'm a fool.

40 minutes ago, shadowkid33 said:

Logged on to say I didn't realize that was where the name of the album came from either, I assumed they just did it because it was their fourth record. Which would have been super hokey, so obviously it was something else. I'm a fool.

I thought it was a play on both, actually. Mainly due to the slight change, I thought it was introducing a "new" TA, along with the cancer subject matter obviously being the main reason behind the title. 

23 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I thought it was a play on both, actually. Mainly due to the slight change, I thought it was introducing a "new" TA, along with the cancer subject matter obviously being the main reason behind the title. 

My girlfriend proposed a "Stage Four of grief" interpretation too. So I'm sure it's meant to be several things but I never thought it went deeper than "fourth album" before.

1 hour ago, shadowkid33 said:

My girlfriend proposed a "Stage Four of grief" interpretation too. So I'm sure it's meant to be several things but I never thought it went deeper than "fourth album" before.

Hot damn, didn't even think of that. This album is so complex and amazing. I can't wait to see them in a few weeks. 

3 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

am I the only one who almost automatically associates "stage four" with terminal illness?

figured it was rather obvious 

41 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

am I the only one who almost automatically associates "stage four" with terminal illness?

figured it was rather obvious 

I've never personally known anyone who was diagnosed with a stage four illness (at least in my recent years. many family members died from illness when I was a kid but I never heard that term), so it never became part of my vocabulary until my mom got cancer and we were worried for her safety. Although, she was only diagnosed with stage one - we usually refrained from talking about the worst parts of cancer since we were just focused on her getting better. Never referred to it in stages, just "cancer". Considering this was their fourth album and all I originally just thought it was some abstraction, since I don't normally find context with terms I don't use regularly on their own. I'm not too good at reading into things.

Edited by deer

2 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I won't fret over a tour variant but I'll try my best two get a couple. If I can get at least one for myself, I'll sell my white for cheap too. 

If it's 1 per person that might be hard. If anyone can get me a tour copy I may indeed pay the price of your ticket on top of the record. Please consider.

(here ends my shameless promotion to try to get myself hooked up with a tour copy. sorry y'all. I really want this.)

6 hours ago, zerohacker said:

They replied to a comment and said that it's going to be one per person. 

With an allocation of 8 per night and Jeremy being a record nerd this was a given.

Also, you referred to the tour press as "pink". Just want to make sure I'm not going crazy... it's orange, right?

6 hours ago, zerohacker said:

They replied to a comment and said that it's going to be one per person. 

With an allocation of 8 per night and Jeremy being a record nerd this was a given.

Also, you referred to the tour press as "pink". Just want to make sure I'm not going crazy... it's orange, right?