Touché Amore - Stage Four 9/16/16

3 hours ago, zerohacker said:

Someone in the UK pleaseee pick this up for me? Might even trade a US tour copy or the clear green Parting The Sea for it, but would rather do cash. 

Holy shit, I need one too... If someone could buy me one, I have a pink/bone split for trade and/or some cash. Please help me out.

• 1 month later...

Geez. I have had this record since its release and have been trying to find the right time to listen to it. I finally listened a couple weeks ago and couldn't finish. It is a great record, but the lyrical content just hit too close to home. My wife came in the room when I was listening and I was a fucking mess. Well, I hope the next record comes soon, because I doubt I will be able to listen to this one again. I really don't know how Jeremy can perform these songs live without breaking down.

35 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Geez. I have had this record since its release and have been trying to find the right time to listen to it. I finally listened a couple weeks ago and couldn't finish. It is a great record, but the lyrical content just hit too close to home. My wife came in the room when I was listening and I was a fucking mess. Well, I hope the next record comes soon, because I doubt I will be able to listen to this one again. I really don't know how Jeremy can perform these songs live without breaking down.

Just let it all out. For me Listening to emotional music might be painful but after it gives me a sense of relief. I'll listen to an album driving to work and cry for a good portion of the commute. But once it's over I take a second to reflect and I'm ready to start my day and I feel like a weight has been lifted. 

39 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Just let it all out. For me Listening to emotional music might be painful but after it gives me a sense of relief. I'll listen to an album driving to work and cry for a good portion of the commute. But once it's over I take a second to reflect and I'm ready to start my day and I feel like a weight has been lifted. 

I did this when the album came out. Hah, I just imagined my co-workers seeing me bike into work crying like a baby. However, I have had a hard time revisiting it knowing that once that breakdown hits in the first song, it's gonna hit all my cry cry emo buttons, although every subsequent listen seems easier and easier. This album is like the aural embodiment of grief, when you really think about it.

1 hour ago, Tidal Wave said:

Yeah, I can totally do that for a song or two, but it just didn't let up. I kept hoping the next song would be something different, but I didn't even get through side A because there was no relief. From what I did listen to, I appreciate the progression in their sound and particularly Jeremy's singing and phrasing. This is why I can't wait for the next one!

• 2 weeks later...

random story time... i've seen TA three times before, opening for other bands (circa survive and envy). always thought they were good and admired their energy, but never really listened to any of their recordings. my wife and i ran into jeremy and clayton outside of a local record shop (Vinal Edge) before the show tonight--we were across the street getting coffee, and i thought i recognized jeremy from a distance... walked over and sure enough... i asked 'em what time they were going on because we were running a little behind. they were supposed to go on in about an hour and asked if we could give them a ride to the venue because Uber rides were like 30 bucks (there was an Astros game and I think maybe a Rockets game too going on at around the same time). we had to move carseats, but it was no problem. SUPER nice guys. it was a lot of fun talking to them during the ~15 minute drive to the venue. when we got there, they got our names and told us that their manager/merch guy would hook us up. boy did he...

they put on a killer show!! and i can't wait to give these a spin. 

AmnVSsd.jpg

• 2 months later...