PO: Now // Keaton Henson - Kindly Now

25 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Damn, that special edition was definitely not available when I placed my order this morning.  But even without the print, it was a tough pill to swallow for a single LP.  Probably just going to stick with the order even though I really dig Keaton's art style.

Yea, I really want the print. The one I got for Behaving is beautiful. I'm gonna have to wait till Friday though to try and get it, hopefully it lasts but I doubt it. :unsure:

Edited by JRHews

9 minutes ago, erretter said:

don't know, if it's the exact same version, but UK indie shops sell the vinyl with personalized print for much less. norman records for under 19.- 

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/160006-keaton-henson-kindly-now-

bit sad i bought it direclty now.

It most likely is the same. Thanks for the find!

Great find, erretter.  It's my understanding that the 180 gram doesn't come with the art print, but that could just be a mixup with the descriptions.  Even if that Norman listing doesn't come with the print, it's still about $10 cheaper than ordering from Sandbag HQ.  I forgot that my Behaving album and Dear repress both came with prints; I feel inclined to take the gamble and see if I can't go 3 for 3.  Just need to cancel my first order, now.

Do you think that /500 is in reference to all versions with the print?  Or just Norman's stock?

Henson's music is dramatic and melancholic enough as is, but I owe it to my (fairly recent) ex for getting me into his material.  His music was present for some significant memories we made together, and I think this will be the first album of his that I'll listen to without her.  Can't wait to get wrecked come September.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Great find, erretter.  It's my understanding that the 180 gram doesn't come with the art print, but that could just be a mixup with the descriptions.  Even if that Norman listing doesn't come with the print, it's still about $10 cheaper than ordering from Sandbag HQ.  I forgot that my Behaving album and Dear repress both came with prints; I feel inclined to take the gamble and see if I can't go 3 for 3.  Just need to cancel my first order, now.

Do you think that /500 is in reference to all versions with the print?  Or just Norman's stock?

Henson's music is dramatic and melancholic enough as is, but I owe it to my (fairly recent) ex for getting me into his material.  His music was present for some significant memories we made together, and I think this will be the first album of his that I'll listen to without her.  Can't wait to get wrecked come September.

Aww budddddyyyyyy :(:(

What it looks like on the Keaton Henson site is the only difference between the normal and deluxe is the print. Both are 180g black vinyl, so with regards to the Norman site, i'd be inclined to be believe the second option with the print is the same as on the official site. My only concern is that they are both the same price, so it is kind of a gamble. I'd also assume that is just Normans stock for the 500. The Behaving print was out of 1000, so I doubt he would do a smaller version of that for his main project.

Either way, you are right. If there is no print, at least I can still save a couple bucks!

3 hours ago, JRHews said:

Aww budddddyyyyyy :(:(

What it looks like on the Keaton Henson site is the only difference between the normal and deluxe is the print. Both are 180g black vinyl, so with regards to the Norman site, i'd be inclined to be believe the second option with the print is the same as on the official site. My only concern is that they are both the same price, so it is kind of a gamble. I'd also assume that is just Normans stock for the 500. The Behaving print was out of 1000, so I doubt he would do a smaller version of that for his main project.

Either way, you are right. If there is no print, at least I can still save a couple bucks!

C'est la vie, right?  Just one of those situations that are completely out of your control.

I didn't notice that the "deluxe" was 180 gram as well, on his site.  Which makes sense.  I'm surprised that the art print really does seem to be out of 500, though.  Especially considering that Behaving run was /1,000, like you just said.  It could be more detailed and costly, though, so who knows.

1 hour ago, fish said:

It is 500 total. And Rough Trade has the deluxe listed for 20 pounds as well. They also deduct VAT so shipped to the states is only 21 which roughly equals $30.

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/104840

Goddammit.

Before I order from there, can we confirm that Deathwish or Topshelf aren't going to import copies for $25 PPD or something?

I've had pretty good luck with Rough Trade in the past, and I believe they don't charge until it ships.  My Norman order was closer to $36 but I did opt for the sturdier mailer which is probably an extra $3 or so.  I'd only save a few bucks if I switched... but I've had great luck with Rough Trade mailers arriving in great shape, so, I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone have any bad experiences with Norman Records failing to deliver on pre-orders or inventory?  If the art print really is limited to 500 and copies are a bit more scarce than we were led to believe, I'll kick myself pretty hard for not sticking to the tried-and-true Rough Trade, who are pretty impeccable about updating their PO links to reflect what they have available.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Goddammit.

Before I order from there, can we confirm that Deathwish or Topshelf aren't going to import copies for $25 PPD or something?

I've had pretty good luck with Rough Trade in the past, and I believe they don't charge until it ships.  My Norman order was closer to $36 but I did opt for the sturdier mailer which is probably an extra $3 or so.  I'd only save a few bucks if I switched... but I've had great luck with Rough Trade mailers arriving in great shape, so, I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone have any bad experiences with Norman Records failing to deliver on pre-orders or inventory?  If the art print really is limited to 500 and copies are a bit more scarce than we were led to believe, I'll kick myself pretty hard for not sticking to the tried-and-true Rough Trade, who are pretty impeccable about updating their PO links to reflect what they have available.

After totaling everything out, looks like Normal comes to 38 and Banquet 33. So looks like I'm gonna go with rough trade as well now. Seemso to be the most cheap and safe option for the deluxe.

1 hour ago, musig said:

Haven't ordered from Rough Trade before, but sounds like they're the best bet for this one. Ordered a deluxe from them. If I have an order of multiple preorders, do they get shipped as they each arrive or together once both arrive?

This was my first order with them so I have no idea...

2 hours ago, musig said:

Haven't ordered from Rough Trade before, but sounds like they're the best bet for this one. Ordered a deluxe from them. If I have an order of multiple preorders, do they get shipped as they each arrive or together once both arrive?

If you paid for shipping twice then they will be packaged and shipped at a different time. If you ordered at the same time but they have different release dates it will be shipped once the latest album you ordered is released.

Here's an interesting question...I ordered this from the States, and went with Norman records because I bought before the link to Rough Trade appeared in the thread.  Decided not to switch even though it would have saved me $6.  However, now the Pound has fallen significantly in comparison to the dollar.  If I cancel my Norman order, who eats the difference in values of the currency between when I ordered and when I cancelled?  I would assume I would get all my USD back, but that difference has to come from somewhere, right?

Anyone have any exp with this?

Edited by thievedrelic
formatting

On 24/06/2016 at 3:33 PM, thievedrelic said:

Here's an interesting question...I ordered this from the States, and went with Norman records because I bought before the link to Rough Trade appeared in the thread.  Decided not to switch even though it would have saved me $6.  However, now the Pound has fallen significantly in comparison to the dollar.  If I cancel my Norman order, who eats the difference in values of the currency between when I ordered and when I cancelled?  I would assume I would get all my USD back, but that difference has to come from somewhere, right?

Anyone have any exp with this?

I would imagine if they charged you in GBP then they'll refund you in GBP, unfortunately. That's if they have indeed charged you already?

6 hours ago, Burkazoid said:

I would imagine if they charged you in GBP then they'll refund you in GBP, unfortunately. That's if they have indeed charged you already?

Yes unfortunately they charged me immediately.  I wish I had cancelled when I realized they wouldn't be dropping the VAT from the price, but it was only a $6 difference at that point so I figured I would avoid the trouble of cancelling and reordering.  Now the difference is much larger.

The Radiohead thread has me worried about my Rough Trade deluxe order.  In the Moon Shaped Pool thread a guy is bitching about Rough Trade and how he ordered the deluxe album but they sent him a standard, and refuse to refund him.  RT is the only vendor still selling the deluxe of this Keaton Henson (that I can find, including Keaton's own store), so it seems likely that they don't understand how limited it is.  Has anyone had problems with them before?

I've been ordering almost all of my import vinyl exclusively from RT for years now and never had any issues. They are a pretty well known store so I wouldn't worry about getting screwed by them. I didn't read the Radiohead story but if they ordered the white and got a black then they can call their credit card and have it fixed easy enough. In general teh special/limited versions of releases on their website are listed as "LP+". They aren't going to intentionally ship you a standard version if you ordered the "+".

• 2 months later...