PO: Now // Keaton Henson - Kindly Now

I don't want to panic anybody but Rough Trade is *still* taking orders for the deluxe version, which has got to be sold out by now, and has both versions listed as "LP+" on their website (maybe so that they can just ship people who ordered Deluxe a standard version instead?).  Seems questionable.  I am inquiring with them about my order to clear this shit up.

Other popular UK retailers also have it available such as Banquet and Picadilly. So really nothing odd about RT having them up still. So all of these places think they are getting a decent amount of them which they may be as the 500 version is being advertised as an UK Indie Store only release and these are the big players. I know I've said this before somewhere on the forum but Rough Trade is a fantastic shop and they aren't going to intentionally send you a standard edition LP if you ordered the + version just to sell a few extra records.

1 hour ago, fish said:

Other popular UK retailers also have it available such as Banquet and Picadilly. So really nothing odd about RT having them up still. So all of these places think they are getting a decent amount of them which they may be as the 500 version is being advertised as an UK Indie Store only release and these are the big players. I know I've said this before somewhere on the forum but Rough Trade is a fantastic shop and they aren't going to intentionally send you a standard edition LP if you ordered the + version just to sell a few extra records.

I know, I am probably just being manic because I have never ordered from Rough Trade before and I saw a rant at one point on reddit about a guy who was complaining of the same problem.  We'll see what happens; I'd like to have faith in them.

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine as well, 286/500. Definitely not the same quality "prints" as the last few albums of his. More like a poster instead of an actual cardstock print....non the less, will spend more time with this album soon, but so far i'm kinda split on it for the most part. Half the songs seem really bad, and half are some of the most beautiful I've heard from his ever...

• 3 years later...