PO Now: Every Time I Die- Low Teens [9/23/16]

1 hour ago, RyanSmithers said:

I feel like it just depends on which side of ETID is your favorite? ....Do you like the heavy groovy southern fried riff side, or the crazy balls to the wall chaos side?  Also, the production of Keith's voice changed immensely after Hot Damn.

Oh, and The Big Dirty and New Junk Aesthetic are still probably my favorite albums by them.  But this new song has me very pumped.  Such a consistent band.

This is what made me dislike Gutter.

The first etid album I ever heard was 'gutter, so for nostalgia reasons, it is my favorite etid record. I remember being in middle school and hearing the lyrics, "hey there girls, I'm a cunt," and thinking it was the greatest thing I have ever heard in a song. Sure the production quality was meh, but there isn't a bad song on there. I loved the heaviness on Ex-lives and hearing the back story on Keith's lyrics made me love it even more. My favorite track from the last album without a doubt is "Idiot." I am rambling, but whatever.

Edited by mossy

I celebrate their entire catalogue. However, Hot Damn holds a special place in my heart. 

I I loved Last Night In Town and when HD came out, I bought it on release day and immediately hopped in the car from the middle of Michigan to upstate New York for Hellfest. My buddy and I listened to that album so many times that we knew it word-for-word and riff-for-riff before the weekend was over. 

Despite the nostalgia, I don't shame a band for evolving and I am very much looking forward to the arrival of this preorder!

On 6/28/2016 at 5:09 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

i know that i am going to get hate for this, but i don't really like hot damn at all, given it multiple listens but just can't enjoy it. I find it very difficult to get through. Everything moving forward i love though. Please don't downvote me because i am trying to get into the green, this is just my opinion. 

No hate, but keep trying.  You'll get there, trust me.  Gutter Phenomenon had just come out when my friends first exposed themselves and ETID to me, emphasizing how brilliant Hot Damn! is/was.  Gave me a CD-R of it, got home, spun it, and I did not get it.  At all.  Again, and nothing.  Again, again, again, nothing.  But I had faith in what they told me, they said it with such strong conviction, and so I persevered.  And about the 10th or 11th listen, it clicked.  All of it, beginning to end.  And it's a masterpiece.  Don't give up, my friend.

I later listened to Gutter, also a terrific album (as well as the rest of their catalog), but Hot Damn! is where it's at.

On 6/28/2016 at 5:15 PM, mattisr1984 said:

hot damn is my favorite ETID record but i can see how someone may not think that...

I can't.

MayCauseDeath or anyone who hasn't, read through some of the lyrics as you listen.  Keith's got to be one of the most interesting lyricists out there.  On all of their albums, but Hot Damn! has some of the best.  The music is better when you know the words & make up your own metaphors & meanings to it.

41 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Just bought the "baby pink" Euro copy.

I'll be honest and say I've NEVER really listened to these guys before.  As a matter of fact, this new single is probably the first whole song I've ever listened to from them.  I absolutely loved it though.  Really excited for this.

Lucky you.  You've got a lot of great music to go back and discover.

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I'll be honest and say I've NEVER really listened to these guys before.  As a matter of fact, this new single is probably the first whole song I've ever listened to from them.  I absolutely loved it though.  Really excited for this.

Welcome to the party.  Keep an eye on their tour dates & catch them when they're near you.  Their music really comes alive, live.

3 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

You're stoked!  I don't know what others think, but I'd just listen to the albums in reverse order. Their back catalogue is really consistent and solid. not a bad album on there. And see what you like most!

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, verb1999 said:

Pre-orders posted on impericon.com. Two vinyl options, one says colored, but picture shows a black record.

http://www.impericon.com/en/every-time-i-die-low-teens-colored-lp.html

Two bonus tracks listed there. I dig that this band is not shy to bonus tracks, but if they're pressed on that LP, I'll be bummed as hell. Hopefully, we get a 7" press similar to Salem.

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Two bonus tracks listed there. I dig that this band is not shy to bonus tracks, but if they're pressed on that LP, I'll be bummed as hell. Hopefully, we get a 7" press similar to Salem.

Yeah. If the bonus tracks are on the LP, then that's intersting. But I'd be wary of quality anyways because even at 2:30 a track, you'd be pressing the limit.