PO Now: Every Time I Die- Low Teens [9/23/16]

32 minutes ago, kannibal said:

This wouldn't be a QC problem at the plant. This was CUT without the last two tracks on side A. The plant makes metal parts from what they are given. Only those involved with the cutting and production know what happened. 

Oh, I know. It's definitely on the whomever approved the tests. I'm just saying it's not surprising considering the sources.

6 minutes ago, mindovermatter said:

Yeah. This would have been instantly noticed on the test pressing. I guess we have definitive proof that Epitaph doesn't even bother listening to those shiny black things that they get in the mail!  Haha

Wait, those are to test to see if the record is good to go forward with pressing? I thought those were just collector editions to sell for more.

Someone's getting fired...

In retrospect I guess it's a good thing I didn't pull the trigger on ordering a white FYE copy earlier. I wonder how record stores are going to sort this whole situation out. 

Edit: disregard last sentence. Cool stuff from the ETID camp. 

Edited by himynameisdk

25 minutes ago, himynameisdk said:

Someone's getting fired...

In retrospect I guess it's a good thing I didn't pull the trigger on ordering a white FYE copy earlier. I wonder how record stores are going to sort this whole situation out. 

2 hours ago, lostindefeat said:

Link for anyone that bought it from their local store to fill out a form for replacement. 

http://everytimeidie.net/replacement/

17 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

Yeah. This would have been instantly noticed on the test pressing. I guess we have definitive proof that Epitaph doesn't even bother listening to those shiny black things that they get in the mail!  Haha

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't listen to them. One of the things I was really looking for on RSD 2015 was that Pianos Become The Teeth 7". Literally the worst thing in my collection. So much surface noise. 

Now just to pray that my EU Pink gets here in one piece.

3 minutes ago, andyrobbins said:

Does this EU version have the pressing error? I hope not, cuz this thing is beautiful and arriving on my doorstep next week!

Nope! The EU pressings are stellar and without error for the reasons stated earlier: different pressing plates, different test press, someone made sure all the songs were on the test before pressing, lol

Edited by deer

This record is incredible. I'm blown away. It's a great blend of their last three records while still progressing as a band. There's more singing from Keith than I expected, but it's done much better than Ex-Lives. Lyrically, of course, this album is flawless, and instrumentally, it's booming. The only track that I'll probably consistently skip is "It Remembers." That track didn't grab me at all. This record has instant replay value for me. I love this.

I pretty much love the album front to back. Fear and trembling is a perfect opener and Petal has gotta be one of the most vicious songs the band has ever done. Keith is without a doubt my favorite lyricist on the planet. I could go on and on. 

Edited by mattisr1984