PO NOW: Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave (9-16-16)

3 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

i think this album is kind of a grower. my first listen i wasnt too into it. 

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

Same. It's grown on me some. I'm even starting to come around to the title track, which I never really liked before. 

Tight. I heard Holy Water and another one live and loved them. I bought the LP locally yesterday, then ended up at Best Buy later and figured i'd grab their exclusive CD with Holy Water and Tidal Wave acoustic for $9. Worst case scenario is it's better than New Again haha.

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

Eh, I highly doubt that. One is a blob, and one is a starburst. I bet they aren't the same thing, but I've never seen that starburst before that picture. Hmm.

The one pictured is neither a color in color nor a starburst, it's an a side/b side which is the same as the item description. 

41 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Tight. I heard Holy Water and another one live and loved them. I bought the LP locally yesterday, then ended up at Best Buy later and figured i'd grab their exclusive CD with Holy Water and Tidal Wave acoustic for $9. Worst case scenario is it's better than New Again haha.

its definitely better than the self titled album, and like i said, i think as a complete album its better than happiness is. i like that album but i liked the moodier tracks (flicker fade, it takes more, better homes and gardens, etc.) than i did the poppier stuff. this album is a lot more in that direction. 

will prob end up with 9 colors total...

merchnow

(1) Coke Bottle Clear/Turquoise with Heavy White Splatter  

(2) half Coke Bottle Clear/hald Turquoise  

(3) Coke Bottle Clear/ Turquoise blended  

US tour  

(4 ) Coke Bottle Clear/Turquoise with half blue splatter

indie

(5) clear with blue splatter

hot topic

(6) turquoise

bandquet

(7) blue

other stores

(8) black *not confirmed black yet but assuming

and since they said "US tour variant" that makes me think the euro tour will have a different color.

(9) ? euro tour?

so there you go since no one else did the work to make a single post with all the variants.

*edit to please @dantheriver more 

Edited by tug

1 hour ago, tug said:

will prob end up with 9 colors total...

merchnow has  (1) Coke Bottle Clear/Turquoise with Heavy White Splatter   (2) half Coke Bottle Clear/hald Turquoise   (3) Coke Bottle Clear/ Turquoise blended   

US tour has (4 ) Coke Bottle Clear/Turquoise with half blue splatter

indie has (5) clear with blue splatter

hot topic has (6) turquoise

bandquet has (7) blue

other stores have (8) black *not confirmed black yet but assuming

and since they said "US tour variant" that makes me think the euro tour will have a different (9) color.

so there you go since no one else did the work to make a single post with all the variants.

Thanks man, it's been keeping me up at night. And you didn't format your list in the most annoying possible way either...

Edited by dantheriver

On 9/17/2016 at 11:58 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

I would love to hear those acoustic tracks man if you ever get a chance to upload them!

On 9/15/2016 at 1:26 PM, nfgsk8er18 said:

I am not able to attend the Chicago show this Friday. Anyone able to pick me up a copy of the tour pressing? I will cover the cost, shipping, and a finders fee :)

PM me if you could help me out! Thanks!

Bump: Anyone able to pick me up a tour pressing? Thanks!

On 9/21/2016 at 1:43 PM, lostindefeat said:

I would love to hear those acoustic tracks man if you ever get a chance to upload them!

On 9/21/2016 at 2:01 PM, RhoBearToe said:

50 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Sorry dudes, I do not currently own a computer or i'd hook y'all up. 

1 hour ago, gazzo said:

Absolutely love this record. First listen was eh? Second was YEAH!

Also Kontraband (the european merchnow/hopeless store) has superb support. My gatefold was all bend & the shrinkwrap was ripped to pieces and opened and after 1 email they already send a new one. 

Oh dear god the shrink wrap was torn. Fucking baby.