PO NOW: Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave (9-16-16)

6 hours ago, tug said:

did this song/band inspirer this album? did they say or is the name just by chance?

"Tidal Wave" is such a unique concept I don't see how they couldn't have been inspired by Longwave. In fact, I heard the whole album is just Longwave songs reworked.

49 minutes ago, dnl said:

This album sounds nothing like TBS. There's nothing wrong with growth, but this sounds like a completely different band. Especially Adam. It just doesn't sound like him.

That said, it's not bad. I might have to actually buy a copy eventually.

I agree. In reality though, Adam was never able to sound like the studio version of anything live IMO. So maybe everything they'd done so far had a little "studio vocal magic" and this album he and the band decided to just record what he really sounds like. Kinda reminds me of a crossbreed of Gaslight Anthem and TBS. There's still a few 2-3 vocalist bridges that are reminiscent of TBS. But overall agree with your statement

Hot Topic variant is up http://www.hottopic.com/product/taking-back-sunday---tidal-wave-vinyl-lp-hot-topic-exclusive/10756411.html?cgid=band-merch-vinyl#start=3

The actual color of the vinyl does not come out well in any pictures, I tried taking my own earlier this week and it just looks like normal blue like on the website. In person it looks much better, way more turquoise than royal blue. Really happy with the how the color came out on this.

3 hours ago, travis said:

Hot Topic variant is up http://www.hottopic.com/product/taking-back-sunday---tidal-wave-vinyl-lp-hot-topic-exclusive/10756411.html?cgid=band-merch-vinyl#start=3

The actual color of the vinyl does not come out well in any pictures, I tried taking my own earlier this week and it just looks like normal blue like on the website. In person it looks much better, way more turquoise than royal blue. Really happy with the how the color came out on this.

And you guys are cheaper than TBS' store by $1.10. Nice. What's the run size on it? I've always dug the blobs that HT has done, specifically the Superheaven and Turnover blobs. So I'll probably grab this over the other blob via TBS' store.

3 hours ago, travis said:

And you guys are cheaper than TBS' store by $1.10. Nice. What's the run size on it? I've always dug the blobs that HT has done, specifically the Superheaven and Turnover blobs. So I'll probably grab this over the other blob via TBS' store.

51 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

There's 500 of them. I agree, I like the "color in color" vinyl in general.

I didn't pick any of the colors on the records you mentioned but they all came out looking really nice.

6 hours ago, dnl said:

This album sounds nothing like TBS.

This is the only reason I bought a copy. Had it sounded like every other TBS album I would've completely ignored it. Haven't got a chance to listen to the whole thing yet but it the singles indicate the entire album I hope this sells well and so the band knows what they've been repeatedly doing for the last decade stinks.