PO Now: The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns With the Devil in Confessional

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Got the Newbury exclusive in the mail today. I'm kind of bummed that the signed booklet is a CD booklet. Why couldn't they have just done the vinyl booklet? It almost means nothing to me Because it's a cd booklet. Haha. I don't know, I'm just weird. 

MerchNow still hasn't shipped the preorders...  

How's it sound?

18 hours ago, highfives said:

MerchNow still hasn't shipped the preorders...  

How's it sound?

Umm... I havent listened. Like I said in an earlier post, I have been going through some stuff for a while. I cant even remember the last time I listened to vinyl... :/

Long story short, my wife is divorcing me. We've been together for 10 years (Since we were 18) and I've been extremely depressed. It started with her cheating and now she is leaving me. This last year has been not good.

10 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Umm... I havent listened. Like I said in an earlier post, I have been going through some stuff for a while. I cant even remember the last time I listened to vinyl... :/

Long story short, my wife is divorcing me. We've been together for 10 years (Since we were 18) and I've been extremely depressed. It started with her cheating and now she is leaving me. This last year has been not good.

37162448.jpg

Shit man,  hate to hear stuff like that. 

5 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

37162448.jpg

Shit man,  hate to hear stuff like that. 

Yeah its been pretty devastating. It feels like everything is being taken away from me, not just my wife. When youre with someone for 1/3 of your life and they all of a sudden dont want to have anything to do with you it fucks you up. I use to come home from work and just sit on the couch listening to music. Now I come home and just lay there thinking about stuff. Its weird because it takes no effort to listen to music but even that seems daunting. I barely even listen to music while driving too. Just driving in silence, thinking. Depression sucks. Haha.

9 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Yeah its been pretty devastating. It feels like everything is being taken away from me, not just my wife. When youre with someone for 1/3 of your life and they all of a sudden dont want to have anything to do with you it fucks you up. I use to come home from work and just sit on the couch listening to music. Now I come home and just lay there thinking about stuff. Its weird because it takes no effort to listen to music but even that seems daunting. I barely even listen to music while driving too. Just driving in silence, thinking. Depression sucks. Haha.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

7 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

I can't even imagine. I met my now wife when I was young too (16) and got married 4 years later when I was 20. Would really screw my world up losing her. Just hang in there man. I know it seems daunting to pick up that record or press play in the car, but I know for me personally, music was always a catharsis when things got bad. I remember when I lost my dad to cancer 7 years ago, just hearing certain songs would bring everything back. And even if I broke down and started to ball like a baby, somehow I felt better for it. 

3 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

well. they got the deluxe color wrong. even with filters, that is DEF not a blue in clear. 

It really looks like it could be a hazy clear with a light blue.  If you blast the contrast and add a yellowing/warming filter, you'd probably get the same results.

BUT, they fucked up the deluxe color for Act IV, so in reality, they probably just fucked this one up too.

I can't find a picture of the mockup anywhere to compare though. 

Edited by highfives