MACROSS '82-'99 - SAILORWAVE

4 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Should we contact Bandcamp? I've emailed Neon City three times, but I have only ever gotten one response back in February or March. I'm also doubtful this is legit.

Haven't thought about that, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. At this point, I believe the window for getting our money back has already passed assuming they never ship the orders. 

32 minutes ago, Lugubrious said:

Haven't thought about that, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. At this point, I believe the window for getting our money back has already passed assuming they never ship the orders. 

I’m going to email them in the morning. I recommend everyone else do the same. I’ll report back if I get any response. 

2 hours ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

I’m going to email them in the morning. I recommend everyone else do the same. I’ll report back if I get any response. 

I'll email them later in the week to get some pressure going in case they don't get back to you right away.

7 hours ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

I'll email them later in the week to get some pressure going in case they don't get back to you right away.

This is the best plan for getting anything from Neon City at this point. I went through something similar with the label Ormolycka a couple of years back, and once that dude was threatened with suspended accounts, etc., he started shipping orders immediately. I mean think about it, is it worth it to this guy to have his Bandcamp account disabled just to rip off a few people? Probably not.

30 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

This is the best plan for getting anything from Neon City at this point. I went through something similar with the label Ormolycka a couple of years back, and once that dude was threatened with suspended accounts, etc., he started shipping orders immediately. I mean think about it, is it worth it to this guy to have his Bandcamp account disabled just to rip off a few people? Probably not.

Just messaged Bandcamp. Hopefully they can do something.  

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like NeonCity aren't even responding to Bandcamp's emails, just got sent this after asking for some news, kinda worrisome that even Bandcamp is suggesting a chargeback. Hopefully NeonCity still pull through!

Hi,

We're very sorry that you still haven't received your merch. We are keeping an eye on this seller and have already taken steps to limit their account.

Unfortunately, because of the way we process payments for physical merchandise, only a very small number of payments for this item were collected by Bandcamp. This is because we don't collect our 10% revenue share for merch items at the time of sale, but instead track that balance and occasionally collect an entire sale to cover the amount the seller owes to Bandcamp. More info on that here: https://bandcamp.com/help/getting_paid

Because of this, only a very small number of payments that were collected by us to cover NeonCity's owed balance: those are sales we can refund directly. The remainder of the payments, including your own I'm afraid, were sent directly to the seller, and thus we are unable to refund them. 

One possible route is to contact PayPal directly to see what they advise:

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call

Alternately, you could try getting directly in touch with your bank to see if it's possible to file a chargeback or otherwise dispute this purchase via other means. 

Let us know if you (or your Vinyl Collective community cohorts)  end up receiving your items or are able to get refunds through PayPal.

All the best, 
Alexa // Bandcamp

Maybe they should start selling the items once they actually have them in hand, rather than take a xxx number of pre-orders have them made, then wait the 4 month minimum to get them to you. They received some backlash from the tape community as well recently because they released multiple cassettes, some highly sought after, less than a week apart, and charged shipping for all of them. I myself ended getting 4 of those cassettes, three of them all being released less than a week apart and was charged the $5 shipping each time. Messaged the owner as well, who used to get in contact with me over FB message, but I got ghosted. I think a lot of others have tried messaging him too, and since that whole debacle, it seems to be radio silence, even as far as releases, from NCR. I believe the owner is currently on a small asian tour/touring with Macross as well, so yeah that could add to the delays.

I did happen to @ macross one time on twitter when asking NCR if they'd be replacing the AMMA cassettes that were dubbed poorly, and Macross seemed unaware of any issues going on. Maybe it's worth bringing these issues to his attention further. Oh well. I can also say I have also received every single NCR order as well, just never have I received one less than 4 months. Some have taken 6+ months to reach me as well.

Edited by AndrewNstuff

I mean, no one is really complaining too much about the wait times, just that they've stopped responding to anyone and updated everyones orders to "shipped" at the beginning of February with no explanation. I mean, they're not even responding to Bandcamp themselves for whatever reason.

Edited by MrMatt767

1 hour ago, woofwoofgrr said:

I'm guessing non of yall have ordered from Mondo or NewRetroWave...the wait times on those are soo much longer. I 

actually NRW is not longer than this. NRW never crosses paypal dispute 180 days territory. and NRW, while i hate how far out their preorders are, at least has pretty accurate ETAs...in fact, they usually beat the advertised shipping date on most of their releases. he also responds to emails. totally different

1 hour ago, axotyl said:

actually NRW is not longer than this. NRW never crosses paypal dispute 180 days territory. and NRW, while i hate how far out their preorders are, at least has pretty accurate ETAs...in fact, they usually beat the advertised shipping date on most of their releases. he also responds to emails. totally different

Agreed. Fuck this label. Will never order from them again.