PO: Yellowcard Self Titled (Final album)

Looks like this is it for the band.

From their website

Putting this into words hasn't been easy. When saying farewell, it is hard to know where to start, especially when there are so many reasons not to say it, but the time has come to share this news. After countless discussions and months of thought, we have decided that it is time for Yellowcard to come to an end. This will be our last album and our final world tour.

The decision was an incredibly difficult one for us to make. We considered so many things - our families, our health, our future endeavors. In the end we realized that this was the right time to step away and preserve the legacy and integrity of the band. It is with you, the fans in mind, that this decision was made, We wanted to have the chance to share our farewell with as many fans around the world as we could, and now is the right time to do just that

We went into this record knowing it would be the last, which is why we chose to have Ryan Key and Ryan Mendez produce it. The motivation behind this was to make sure these songs came from a place that was deeply rooted in us. We wanted to push ourselves to create a lasting finale for this incredible story on our own. It is also why we chose to self-title the album. We were lucky to still have our friend and mentor, Neal Avron, on board as Executive Producer and mixer and we've made one of the strongest records of our career and a fitting final creative piece.

Once this final chapter for Yellowcard comes to a close, we will all be heading in new directions in our lives, but these memories will never leave us. We can only hope that the memories we have made together with you will stay in your hearts as well You have stood by us through all of the highs and lows on this unbelievable journey.

We will be forever grateful to Yellowcard fans all over the world for the opportunities you have given us. We have played shows for nearly two decades on six continents, and had the chance to keep recording the music we love year after year. While it is with sadness that we say goodbye, it is with gratitude and amazement that we look back on a career we can be proud of, and were so very lucky to have had.

Please come and join us on our last trip around the globe. We hope to share this final record and tour with each and every one of you.

"I won't be with you, but I won't be far away and this is goodbye."

-Ryan, Sean, Ryan, and Josh

Pre-Order here: 

Self Titled Cream Heavy Splatter 2xLP Vinyl http://yellowcard.merchnow.com/products/v2/232801/self-titled

Self Titled Opaque Grey w/ Cloudy Clear 2xLP Vinyl http://yellowcard.merchnow.com/products/v2/232802/self-titled

Bundles can be found here: http://yellowcard.merchnow.com/

Edited by Bhemblem

Ordered the /300 Variant.....

God this sucks. Yellowcard created music for some of my most favorite high school memories. Then when they came back from their hiatus, they continued to make some of my most favorite music.

I listened to their new song this morning, before the news about this being their final album, and thought about how incredible of a catalog they have. Album after album of just incredibly strong music. 

I am so thankful for them.

Edited by nardes

47 minutes ago, himynameisShane said:

Sad they are breaking up, but it makes sense. 

Why? 

42 minutes ago, nardes said:

God this sucks. Yellowcard created music for some of my most favorite high school memories. Then when they came back from their hiatus, they continued to make some of my most favorite music.

When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes and Southern Air were/are dominant.  WYTTSY is a masterpiece beginning to end.  The death of Ryan's aunt really inspired something special on that album.  

Well, this is terrific news while I prepare to see Motion City Soundtrack for the last time tonight.  What are these guys?  They don't have that real true rock star blood.  I hope this trend doesn't continue.  "Some people just weren't cut out for life on the road." - Lloyd Christmas

• 2 months later...

They over sold these and are getting more pressed.

Here is the email:

Hello There,
Thank you for your purchase of Yellowcard’s Self-Titled Pre-order!

It was recently brought to our attention that we’ve oversold on some of the original vinyl variants and wanted to reach out to you well before the release date regarding this matter.

We’ve been in contact with Hopeless Records and they will be having more variants pressed of the Opaque Grey w/ Clear, Black and Cream Splatter, as well as the Transparent Cloud Clear w/ Opaque Grey, Black and Cream splatter. However, they will not be arriving to us until the end of October.

In order to prevent any delay in receiving your order, they have set up a few different options for you to choose from:

1)      We’d like to offer you an Opaque Grey variant that was not previously offered in our store as a replacement for your originally purchased color and you will receive your order on time for release date, September 30th.

2)      If you would like to keep your original color and wait for its arrival in Late October, we’ll be shipping the remaining items in your order before the release date and will have the vinyl sent separately once it arrives to us.  The costs for shipping these items before release date and the vinyl sent separately will be covered and your original shipping costs will be refunded if you decide to take this option.

Please let us know which option you would prefer to have by September 21st and we’ll be glad to make any changes needed! If we do not hear from you by this date, we will move ahead with option 2 and have your vinyl shipped separately to you.

We apologize greatly about the inconvenience this has caused you and will be sending you a full album digital download via email on the release date of September 30th.

If you have any questions, or need to update your address/information on the order, please email us at [email protected] with your order number & information regarding the changes you need made.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
-Merchnow Staff

31 minutes ago, combatchuckaa said:

Would be funny if that grey variant was only available for those who received this e-mail...YC vinyl collectors wouldn't be happy.

I'm sure it's probably just the standard retail variant. Doubt they oversold and then decided "oh let's pay extra for a small run oversold variant". 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody on here have the inside scoop on the variants/limited to #'s for this record? So far, this is what I've been able to find.

According to whoever runs Hopeless' Twitter account, they claim that there's going to be a tour variant and that Banquet Records has an exclusive as well, as you can see here:

hopelessycvinyl_zpsqw0j8psq.png

But when I looked further, it looks like Banquet Records simply has the Grey variant from looking at their Instagram, as you can see here:

ycvinylbanquet_zpsocod61ip.png

Going to wait it out until I get my preorders from MerchNow to see if there's anything remotely different or if they're one in the same, but figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone on here could shed any light. I'll also note that ShopRadioCast has their copies listed as "Grey Clear," so that's what led me to believe that there might be two different Grey variants. And another note, Travis replied to one of my posts in the Hot Topic thread a couple weeks ago saying that they're only getting the regular Grey retail, no exclusive. And Hopeless' tweet to me obviously confirms that, haha.

I variant collect Yellowcard and will have everything once this release is out and I figure out the variants.

UPDATE (9/28/2016): I guess Banquet was just holding off a day until they officially announced their exclusive variant. It's Grey in Clear, as you can see below. Was surprised that the price is super great, even when shipping to the states. After conversion it only came to $30.60, with shipping. Unfortunately, I still haven't had any luck finding out what any of the variants are limited too aside from the two preorder splatter one's.

banquetgreyinclear_zpst7r6ftxa.png

UPDATE 2: There's a tweet that Banquet posted earlier that says the Grey in Clear exclusive variant is limited to /300.

UPDATE (10/1/2016): Went to FYE yesterday to pick up their exclusive variant. FYE's website has the variant listed as "Opaque Grey & Black " and the mock up on the website showed Grey with Black smash, essentially. I opened it up, and they had it reversed. The sticker on the shrink wrap said "Grey in Black." Came out super nice in my opinion. I'll try to post a picture when I can.

UPDATE (10/7/2016): According to Hopeless' Instagram account, the tour exclusive variant is Half Grey/Half Clear w/ Splatter.

Edited by Claw1400