PO: Yellowcard Self Titled (Final album)

nice... I ordered pretty much on the release day for POs. Just got this email from merchnow.. Needless to say I'm pretty annoyed. First Anberlin, now yellowcard. What's the point in me paying for faster shipping (I'm located overseas, not based in the US) if this happens and I still don't get the album by release date? 

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to thank you for your purchase of Yellowcard's Self Titled album and apologize greatly about any delay in shipping!

Unfortunately, due to the high volume of orders for this release, some packages are taking longer to be shipped and will not be leaving the warehouse until AFTER the release date. We wanted to keep you posted on the status of your order though!

All orders will be shipped out within the next day and a full album digital download will be delivered to you tomorrow morning via email.

If you have any questions, or need to update your address/information on the order.
Please email us at [email protected] with your order number & information regarding the changes you need made.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

-Merchnow Staff

20 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

I just have not been able to get into this at all for some reason. Usually Yellowcard albums click with me right away. 

Glad I'm not the only one. To me it's all the little things : great songs/melodies but with a weird effect on Ryan's vocal the whole time. Or maybe the song jus seems slow. And number one mistake on my list is the absence of LP's drumming (also my gripe on Lift A Sail) There's jus no creativity with the drum parts. Jus a simple driving beat where the snare and bass drum tracks overtake any cymbals. It's the same feeing I'd get if Blink put out another album without Travis : the songs could be killer but without his creative parts, they'd more than likely fall flat. 

In my opinion whenEver I think of proper goodbye from YC, I'll mainly listen to Souther Air album, the title track closer still gives me

goosebumps at the end. 

9 hours ago, jmsmusic said:

nice... I ordered pretty much on the release day for POs. Just got this email from merchnow.. Needless to say I'm pretty annoyed. First Anberlin, now yellowcard. What's the point in me paying for faster shipping (I'm located overseas, not based in the US) if this happens and I still don't get the album by release date? 

Did you even read that email? This didn't get delayed, it just didn't ship early. Anberlin got delayed nearly a month.

5 hours ago, ejc625 said:

I just have not been able to get into this at all for some reason. Usually Yellowcard albums click with me right away. 

It's because post-Southern Air, Yellowcard made an inexplicable switch to writing songs that...aren't great, imo.  They're mostly bland and ordinary, and they seem to like leading off albums with the most unremarkable, unmemorable songs.  I almost stopped listening to their new one after the first two tracks...and that's not good if you're wanting people to give your music a chance.  

Edited by combatchuckaa

15 minutes ago, combatchuckaa said:

It's because post-Southern Air, Yellowcard made an inexplicable switch to writing songs that...aren't great, imo.  They're mostly bland and ordinary, and they seem to like leading off albums with the most unremarkable, unmemorable songs.  I almost stopped listening to their new one after the first two tracks...and that's not good if you're wanting people to give your music a chance.  

Currently listening to Southern Air straight through. YC's true last hoorah. Gonna miss that band. Can still remember playing drums along with every song on Lights & Sounds...

14 hours ago, jmsmusic said:

Soooo... I'm guessing from your low post count that you're new to this game? Albums RARELY ever arrive on time for a plethora of reasons. At least this isn't Deafheaven, with a 4(?) month delay? You should probably just be thankful they're giving you a heads up. Plenty of pre-orders go unmentioned, even long after their release date. See: Take Off Your Pants and Jacket by Mightier Than Sword if you'd like an example.

3 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

Soooo... I'm guessing from your low post count that you're new to this game? Albums RARELY ever arrive on time for a plethora of reasons. At least this isn't Deafheaven, with a 4(?) month delay? You should probably just be thankful they're giving you a heads up. Plenty of pre-orders go unmentioned, even long after their release date. See: Take Off Your Pants and Jacket by Mightier Than Sword if you'd like an example.

This. Only pre-order that came in exactly on release date in recent memory was Weezer's White Album. Literally no shipping notification or anything. Just came home and that beautiful Tri-Color was sitting on the porch. 

On 9/29/2016 at 11:56 AM, jmsmusic said:

Still no shipping notification for me.. Did anyone else not get theirs? 

I still haven't gotten any shipping date on my original preorder bundle from back in June.

I heard MerchNow has been having shipping delays with the initial preorder variants (both splatter's). I received the regular Grey variant in the mail from MerchNow though, so I have no idea what the deal is. I also picked up the FYE variant as well, Grey in Black.

19 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

This. Only pre-order that came in exactly on release date in recent memory was Weezer's White Album. Literally no shipping notification or anything. Just came home and that beautiful Tri-Color was sitting on the porch. 

Goddamn. Jealous of that tri-color. Thing is a beaut!

7 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

Goddamn. Jealous of that tri-color. Thing is a beaut!

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Image result for ferris bueller

Lol. I got super lucky man, just happened to be staying up late the night they announced it on IG/Twitter. Instantly pre-ordered with a vengeance. 

27 minutes ago, Claw1400 said:

I still haven't gotten any shipping date on my original preorder bundle from back in June.

I heard MerchNow has been having shipping delays with the initial preorder variants (both splatter's). I received the regular Grey variant in the mail from MerchNow though, so I have no idea what the deal is. I also picked up the FYE variant as well, Grey in Black.

You had to reply to them to keep the splatter you ordered. If you didn't they sent the grey instead.

19 minutes ago, nardes said:

I looked up the shipping info on my MerchNow order, and it shipped, but doesn't look like it'll be here til Wednesday :(

Same. Mine actually shows it was shipped and picked up from Albany, NY on Tuesday 9/27 and the next morning it was at Jersey City facility. But hasnt moved since. And it's showing ETA of Wed. 10/5 for me as well. Strange. 

1 hour ago, himynameisShane said:

You had to reply to them to keep the splatter you ordered. If you didn't they sent the grey instead.

I ordered the Grey separately when it went up about two weeks ago. I never received the email that you posted awhile back saying they over sold or whatever. I also bought the top package, so I doubt they'd snub me of the splatter variants.

Edited by Claw1400

1 hour ago, himynameisShane said:

I think it's the other way around. If you didn't reply, they would ship you your original order, just delayed. 

Edited by YesPlease

2 hours ago, YesPlease said:

I think it's the other way around. If you didn't reply, they would ship you your original order, just delayed. 

Oooh I hope

2 hours ago, YesPlease said:

Oooh I hope

5 hours ago, Claw1400 said:

I ordered the Grey separately when it went up about two weeks ago. I never received the email that you posted awhile back saying they over sold or whatever. I also bought the top package, so I doubt they'd snub me of the splatter variants.

You're completely right, My bad! 

9 minutes ago, himynameisShane said:

You're completely right, My bad! 

All good man. I reached out to MerchNow earlier today, and though my order status hasn't changed, they provided me a shipping tracking number for my order, so it looks like they might've just gave up on updating everyone's statuses or something, haha. Should be here on Monday.

6 minutes ago, Claw1400 said:

All good man. I reached out to MerchNow earlier today, and though my order status hasn't changed, they provided me a shipping tracking number for my order, so it looks like they might've just gave up on updating everyone's statuses or something, haha. Should be here on Monday.

I've got at least a solid 50 orders from merchnow under my belt and can safely say that only about half of them ever had their status updated.

36 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I've got at least a solid 50 orders from merchnow under my belt and can safely say that only about half of them ever had their status updated.

That's not the case for me, at least more recently. The worst experience I had with MerchNow was The Wonder Years' The Great Generation roll out of the preorders in 2013 (?). Since then, I thought they upped their game, and personally even received a good amount of orders a day or two earlier than the release day. But shipping tracking/order status was one thing that never really seemed to be an issue with my orders.