Colored vinyl breaking down?

So I'm a Misfits collector and in our community, we have a strange problems. Our colored Earth ADs have been changing color. 

Its only apparent rent in the green and yellow copies. Over the past few years, a lot of the pure yellow copies have been turning brown. I have a green copy that used to be pure apple green, but lately has been turning cloudy with yellow/brown smoke. I'd post pics, but I'm not at my PC now. 

Its not just my copy, but almost everyone's green and yellows are decaying. It's kind of sad because these go for $1500 to $2000. 

Some of these copies haven't seen daylight, so it's not UV radiation. Some have been stored in paper, so it's not a reaction to plastic sleeves.

So here's the question, do you have any 30 year old colored records in which the dyes have recently started to decay?

9 hours ago, moonbeams said:

Some of these copies haven't seen daylight, so it's not UV radiation. Some have been stored in paper, so it's not a reaction to plastic sleeves.

How do you know they are changing color if they have never seen the light of day? Did you go in a closet with a flashlight?

That's weird but I've heard of and seen other types of plastics go through that as well. I collect action figures and have a few from the 80's and 90's still in their packaging and whatnot and the clear clamshells started to yellow. They've been away from any sunlight or UV and some even in boxes in storage.

Granted, it's not exactly 100% same material as vinyl records but it may be along the same lines of just a breakdown of it? There's gotta be some science in there to explain it. I'm honestly curious now.

9 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Mooooooooonbeams. Haven't seen a thread from you in a while. This one is at least kind of interesting but all of the before and after pictures only look different to me because of the differences in lightning. Shrug emoji.

because they were taken years apart. when people took their original photos, they had no idea that the color would change and that they needed to take them in daylight 

20 minutes ago, moonbeams said:

because they were taken years apart. when people took their original photos, they had no idea that the color would change and that they needed to take them in daylight 

Maybe they never actually looked at them in daylight? Then enough people got it in their heads that the records had looked different in the past and now others believe it via the power of suggestion. Classic Berenstain Bears situation. Mystery solved. End thread.

13 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Maybe they never actually looked at them in daylight? Then enough people got it in their heads that the records had looked different in the past and now others believe it via the power of suggestion. Classic Berenstain Bears situation. Mystery solved. End thread.

You listened to TESD yesterday, didn't you?