AFI - Eddie Picnic's All Wet (colored vinyl reissue)

• 1 month later...

Yeah all of those Atom Age Industries releases weren't approved by the band. I think the FITO reissues might have been though. It's funny because now that they've commented on the reissues, they've now brought more attention to them. Some fans didn't even know about the Dork reissue until now.

As you can see in early posts, I've been very grumpy about these since the beginning. Something seemed very shiesty about charging $15 bucks for a 7" with ads saying things like "with originals valued at hundreds of dollars?!?!" Glad to see the band I still love and support also thinks that's a douche move.

Two sides to every story. Here's Geoff's statement:

Dear AFI fans, friends, and family:

It’s unfortunate that the band has decided to not participate in this part of their history and in turn, make incorrect and untrue remarks about why these records exist.

To set the record straight, we HAVE indeed accounted to AFI for sales of these records, whilst the band is reporting otherwise, is unfortunate and untrue. Additionally, the DORK release is at a pre-order stage and no royalties would be due at this point.

Additionally, Key Lime Pie Records is not a joint venture, partnership or otherwise anything but a business entity solely owned by Geoff Kresge. Geoff paid for these records to be released originally, and is choosing to re-issue them, and he is completely within his rights to do so, contrary to the band’s erroneous statements.

Since the band are choosing to make incorrect and defamatory remarks about Mr. Kresge, the choice to own these records is up to you (the fans). We appreciate all the business that you have given us, and we will continue to offer you quality products in the future.