PO: The Twilight Sad: Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters

Fat Cat is finally (re)issuing The Twilight Sad's first album on vinyl in the US.

http://store.fatcat-usa.com/collections/frontpage/products/fourteen-autumns-and-fifteen-winters?variant=22379728259

FAT0055_1024x1024.jpg

I'm passing on this since I picked up the RSD double LP reissue a few years back.

Edited by glass realms

is the lyrical work on this one any better than on Nobody Wants to Be Here? music was fine, if not a blander version of Interpol, but i couldn't get over how each text was just a handful of vague, meaningless phrases cobbled together and repeated ad nauseam. i want to like this band but it hasn't worked out so far...

Edited by copelandkid

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

is the lyrical work on this one any better than on Nobody Wants to Be Here? music was fine, if not a blander version of Interpol, but i couldn't get over how each text was just a handful of vague, meaningless phrases cobbled together and repeated ad nauseam. i want to like this band but it hasn't worked out so far...

Musically I would say this is noisier than their more recent work, as for the lyrics I've never had a personal problem with them on any of the records but the albums on youtube in full so you can judge for yourself:

I also grabbed the RSD version with the extra LP of demos. Love this album.