Pokemon Go

Yeah if you dudes only know Gen I you're missing out on some really cool pokes. Toxicroak, Milotic, Mismagius, Houndoom, Gardevoir, Shiftry, Chandelure, Wailord, Drifblim, Dusclops, Rhyperior (which makes this list of cool pkmn solely because it SHOOTS GEODUDES OUT OF ITS HANDS LIKE CANNONS).......so many cool pokemon to discover for you guys! 

5 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

Yeah if you dudes only know Gen I you're missing out on some really cool pokes. Toxicroak, Milotic, Mismagius, Houndoom, Gardevoir, Shiftry, Chandelure, Wailord, Drifblim, Dusclops, Rhyperior (which makes this list of cool pkmn solely because it SHOOTS GEODUDES OUT OF ITS HANDS LIKE CANNONS).......so many cool pokemon to discover for you guys! 

Don't forget about turdasaur, stanky, wobbler, squankin, and jiggledypuss.

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Don't forget about turdasaur, 

250px-694Helioptile.png

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

stanky, 

618Stunfisk.png

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

wobbler, 

327Spinda.png

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

squankin, 

600px-580Ducklett.png

30 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

and jiggledypuss.

250px-533Gurdurr.png

Watergun is now effectively as useful as an actual water gun. 

edit: actually, there's a lotta changes. Pokemon menu uses a new font for names which is much easier on the eyes. Transfer and Favorite button are now located in a pop-up bubble menu on the bottom right so no more scrolling down to transfer. Also the Pokedex works for me now. And of course the awesome ability to changer character avatar has been implemented so I can take this ugly yellow off.

Edited by dkrtz

1 hour ago, Black Phillip said:

Do you think it will be a Plus members only thing in the future?

That first week was very exciting "hunting" for new mons...now there is no incentive to open the app with pokevision down as well.

https://skiplagged.com/pokemon/#45.52,-122.671,15

They put out a statement saying that it was too hard to continue rolling out to other places with it as it was.

They're dressing it up like it didn't work as intended from the very start (probably true, it was not very well implemented) but, they're giving themselves time by saying they want to finish global rollout before they fix it. So, Brazil, and other places as well, then they will work on a fix.

No one will care by the time it's back.

Here was their full update:

Trainers,

As many of you know, we recently made some changes to Pokémon GO.

- We have removed the ‘3-step’ display in order to improve upon the underlying design. The original feature, although enjoyed by many, was also confusing and did not meet our underlying product goals. We will keep you posted as we strive to improve this feature.

- We have limited access by third-party services which were interfering with our ability to maintain quality of service for our users and to bring Pokémon GO to users around the world. The large number of users has made the roll-out of Pokémon GO around the world an... interesting… challenge. And we aren’t done yet! Yes, Brazil, we want to bring the game to you (and many other countries where it is not yet available).

We have read your posts and emails and we hear the frustration from folks in places where we haven’t launched yet, and from those of you who miss these features. We want you to know that we have been working crazy hours to keep the game running as we continue to launch globally. If you haven’t heard us Tweeting much it’s because we’ve been heads down working on the game. But we’ll do our best going forward to keep you posted on what’s going on.

Be safe, be nice to your fellow trainers, and keep on exploring.

The Pokémon GO team

People really cared about the footstep feature? It was so broken around here that we've all rejoiced not having to pay attention to it. Are people really gonna quit playing because of a fuckin' system update? Niantic's actions? Like your ass got that chapped over a patch? Come the fuck on. 

22 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

People really cared about the footstep feature? It was so broken around here that we've all rejoiced not having to pay attention to it. Are people really gonna quit playing because of a fuckin' system update? Niantic's actions? Like your ass got that chapped over a patch? Come the fuck on. 

Oh yea, this was a breaking point for a LOT of people. 

5 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Uhh, yeah, people actually care about the ability to track pokemon. Without that functionality the foundation of the game is shattered. If it was "so broken that you all rejoiced not having to pay attention to it" then it's obvious you didn't experience the app within the first few days of launch, back whenever the "step" tracking system actually worked wonderfully. It was thrilling to leave the house on foot with phone in hand searching for a poke in the nearby tab and hunting them down with the decreasing steps.

As things stand now there are literally only two ways to play: 

• Wander around on foot hoping to randomly encounter a random pokemon of a random type randomly
  • Find a two or more pokestop location and lure them up while sitting between them, catching any random thing that spawns

And each of those issues contain many smaller problems which complicate the gameplay and design: 
Egg distance doesn't track correctly while walking, only registering partial distance traveled by straight lines. 
Pokemon spawn timing has been doubled from five seconds to ten seconds, so playing on a skateboard, scooter, bike or any other form of active mobility is no longer possible as it not only won't track egg incubation but also no pokemon will spawn
Catch rates have been altered to increase flee frequency and likelihood of breaking free as well as an increase in defensive animations (jumping, "attacking," etc)
Locations with multiple pokestops (lure hangouts) are having pokestops removed (this particularly devastated my local communities player base, which had been gathering by the hundreds: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/article93298392.html

Plus a lot of other issues have arisen over the past couple weeks. It'd be silly to say people are revolting because "of a system update" or "Niantic's actions." It's a lot more than that and there is definite cause for frustration. Granted, I've reached my personal stopping point (Kanto Gold Medal) so I would slack off regardless, but Niantic is making me reluctantly do so. Sure, the app isn't un-usable as is but it certainly isn't the game the company intended it to be at release by any means. 

8 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

New update, now there's grass behind the Pokémon for tracking but I have no clue what the fuck it does or how it works.

Tracking is being testing by a small group of users currently, so the grass is probably just there to be cute or something.