Omar Rodriguez-Lopez: 12 Solo Albums (Ipecac CD/LP Box Set)

Holy shit.  From Ipecac's Facebook page:

Welcome Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (ORL Projects) to the Ipecac Family!

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (At The Drive In / The Mars Volta) releases a series of solo albums via Ipecac Recordings with the first release, Sworn Virgins, available digitally on July 15.

The previously unreleased albums were recorded from 2008 to 2013, while Rodriguez-Lopez lived in Zapopan, Mexico and as well as his eventual return to El Paso. The titles will be released on a bi-weekly basis with the first spate of albums running through the end of the year. Each album will see a digital release with a limited number of physical copies (CD) available on Rodriguez-Lopez’s various live outings. Following the initial run of releases, a limited edition CD/LP box set will become available.

Omar Rodriquez-Lopez initial release schedule:

Sworn Virgins (July 15) 
Corazones (July 29)
Blind Worms Pious Swine (August 12)
Arañas en La Sombra (August 26)
Umbrella Mistress (September 9)
El Bien Y Mal Nos Une (September 23)
Cell Phone Bikini (October 7)
Infinity Drips (October 21)
Weekly Mansions (November 4)
Zapopan (November 18)
Nom De Guerre Cabal (December 2)
Some Need It Lonely (December 16)

http://orlprojects.com/

14 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

So buy a boxset containing completely (as of now) unreleased music by one of the most overrated musicians on earth (shoot me)? Wow. The ATDI camp never cease to amaze me in their douchebaggery.

52 minutes ago, highfives said:

Following the initial run of releases, a limited edition CD/LP box set will become available.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OP seems to suggest that the boxset won't be available for purchase until after all the material becomes available.

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Haters be damned, this is the start of some good shit.  New ATDI, and "eventually Mars Volta".  Possibly a collab with Mike Patton.  Read it here.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/omar-rodriguez-lopez-on-epic-solo-album-series-new-at-the-drive-in-lp-20160711?page=3

Any collab with Mike Patton and I am in so hard.

7 hours ago, highfives said:

Haters be damned, this is the start of some good shit.  New ATDI, and "eventually Mars Volta".  Possibly a collab with Mike Patton.  Read it here.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/omar-rodriguez-lopez-on-epic-solo-album-series-new-at-the-drive-in-lp-20160711?page=3

Interesting.

What made you definitively decide not to make another solo album?
To be quite candid, when my mother passed in 2012, just right before when At the Drive-In played, I wasn't even there. I was not in my body. She passed one week before, and of course, as you can imagine, it made me look at everything in a different way, and it was a huge shock to my system. From that moment on, when I finally started the long road to accepting it and recuperating, I decided that I wanted to dedicate my time, while I'm still here, to collaborating with people and being a part of something and sharing things, rather than working on solo work, where I'm writing everything and doing everything and locked up in my studio. And from there, the idea was born: "I only want to be in bands now. I only want to make records with people." I started Bosnian Rainbows, and shortly after that I started Antemasque with [Cedric Bixler-Zavala]. Now, obviously, this with At the Drive-In. And eventually Mars Volta. It was really just a shock to my system, and this was just one of the ways it redirected my entire life.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/omar-rodriguez-lopez-on-epic-solo-album-series-new-at-the-drive-in-lp-20160711#ixzz4E8xTNsyL 

15 hours ago, afireinside7444 said:

Anyone know if their was a pressing of manual dexterity that has no label sticker on it?? x2 black LP no insert Just the hoilfoil cover?

I don't know about the no insert part. From the copies I've seen, the sticker has always been on the shrinkwrap. So I guess if you threw out the wrapping, you'd be left with just the foikl cover 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 6:58 AM, DoublesGuy said:

I just wish they would repress some Mars Volta stuff. Dying to get their first and fourth albums.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this. Those guys are honestly the fucking worst about following through with any promises. Plus, they "remastered" Tremulant when they started their "label" Nadie (RIP) and it sounded so bad it almost seemed like a prank. Then their soundguy at the time basically told anyone who noticed how bad it sounded to fuck off because it was a creative decision. As for the represses, MOV did some but they got shut down because Omar has the exclusive rights to vinyl pressings for the entire discography. Seeing as he is now 24 solo records, an Antemasque record, and a record label short of delivering...

7 hours ago, OU818 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this. Those guys are honestly the fucking worst about following through with any promises. Plus, they "remastered" Tremulant when they started their "label" Nadie (RIP) and it sounded so bad it almost seemed like a prank. Then their soundguy at the time basically told anyone who noticed how bad it sounded to fuck off because it was a creative decision. As for the represses, MOV did some but they got shut down because Omar has the exclusive rights to vinyl pressings for the entire discography. Seeing as he is now 24 solo records, an Antemasque record, and a record label short of delivering...

Fuck that sound guy.  He was a dick.