Record Stores in Portland and Seattle.

I'm local in Portland... Crossroads is one of my favorites if you like to dig deep. Almost all used and tricky layout because there are like 30 different vendors under one roof.

Jackpot and Music Millenium are both pretty good especially if you like newer stuff.  Occasionally they can have some good used gems.

Mississippi Records is an institution, but their selection hasn't been great lately. Clinton Street Record and stereo is a little out of the way in SE, but has some pretty good Soul/Funk.  I've read good things about Beacon Sound, but have never been there.

The best record stores in Portland are the following three (in no particular order):  Exiled Records, Little Axe Records and Musique Plastique.  Those 3 and Crossroads are my favorites.

6 hours ago, JacobMckinley said:

There might already be a thread about exactly this, but just in case. 

You can't go wrong with 2nd Avenue records in Portland for your Metal/Punk/Hardcore needs. Music Millennium off of Burnside is also a winner. 

There is.

You'll love 2nd Ave records in Portland.

30 minutes ago, justin_ said:

Surprised that nobody mentioned Everyday Music in Portland. They have 2 locations, on Sandy BLVD on the Eastside and on Burnside on the Westside. Both are really solid, especially if you like modern used stuff. I stop by both weekly to check their used recent arrivals.

3 posts above you.

22 hours ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

For all things heavy, Zion's Gate in Seattle is great. Its a bit over priced IMO, but still the selection is quite varied. I live closer to Sonic Boom in Ballard, which I visit almost every weekend. Their used section in particular always has some great picks.

Yeah, Zion's Gate has good stuff, lots of metal especially. His prices can be pretty high but he gives good value for trade-ins.