BEACH SLANG - A LOUD BASH OF TEENAGE FEELINGS

19 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Is it just me, or is this album a little more fuzzier and crunchier and heavier on the bass guitar?

I love this band and need to hear this album, I cant wait till September!! I ordered the early bird but had no luck with my download when it came to the entire album, just the single. Can anyone help me out? 

In all the excitement of launching the new Beach Slang record yesterday, we unfortunately had an administrative error which led to the LP + t-shirt bundle being sold for £15.99, which is in fact the price of just the LP on its own.

The actual sale price of the LP & t-shirt should actually have been £24.99 (ex P&P).

As one of the handful people who managed to purchase the bundle before the error was caught, we'll need you to choose one of the following options to rectify this:

1) Pay an extra £9 to receive the bundle as intended
2) Keep your order, as it is and just receive the LP alone
3) Cancel & we can refund your order for you

Not surprising, shame they don't have that "Born With Trouble In Me" at BSM, would still be cheaper than ordering from the Beach Slang US store.

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Is it just me, or is this album a little more fuzzier and crunchier and heavier on the bass guitar?

Yeah, much more raw. More punk. I'm happy to hear that they went this direction. If they made another swing-for-the-bleachers, live fast collection of anthems, I think I would be bored. They needed to do something different and they nailed it. 

15 hours ago, truexbeliever said:

BSM also has black copies of Broken Thrills. That combined with the current exchange rate made ordering from them an easy decision.

Did you use Paypal or a credit card? I used Paypal and it was almost no difference in exchange from when I ordered the last Beach Slang LP from them.

So let's recap to date:

U.S. pressing (Polyvinyl)

180-Gram Green/Blue Starburst  /1,500

180-Gram Green  /unlimited

Euro Pressing (Big Scary Monsters)

Black and Blue tri-colour with Black splatter (BSM webstore exclusive)  /200

Clear with Blue splatter (UK retail exclusive)  /200

Transparent Blue with Solid Blue splatter (Germany retail exclusive)  /500

Black  /1,000

AU/NZ Pressing (Cooking Vinyl)

Toxic Yellow  /?

I am sure we will see a tour pressing as last one.

Allegedly this album is a slow grower and doesn't outright blow you away. Very similar to the first LP but a tad more raw.

Perhaps there are individuals who don't think this is LP is worth $20 and are still very much on the fence about it. Maybe they'll grab the neon green variant if they think they'll actually listen to this album regularly but as of right now they're not loving it entirely.

Rumors and speculation.

A girl has no name, and such.

8 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Just got my ticket for Orlando. Hey @jhulud, you coming up for this?

It's on a Friday so I may be able to pull it off and go. My really only concern is that the weekend prior, I'm going to Tampa to catch Oathbreaker and Skeletonwitch. So surely I will be road-tripped out...BUT...I don't think I'd live with myself if I were to miss Beach Slang. So yeah...99.9% surely will come up.

5 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

I'm friends with the assistant engineer who works at the studio this was recorded at and he was telling me they recorded the drums mic'ed up, and then ran the signal into huge PA speakers next to the drums to beef up the sound.

Was it recorded by Poponi?

Bull Moose has two more variants up: 

Indie exclusive (180-gram White Starburst and Reflex Blue Viny, limited to 2000 copies)

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23304635/beach-slang-loud-bash-of-teenage-feelings-white-starburst-reflex-blue-vinyl-180-gram-indie-exclusive

Standard (?) blue:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23275018/beach-slang-loud-bash-of-teenage-feelings-blue-vinyl