BEACH SLANG - A LOUD BASH OF TEENAGE FEELINGS

Agree with all of you here. I'd say that I'm underwhelmed by the LP but I didn't have high expectations to begin with.

With that said, @DOMAN127, I would say the first LP is definitely better, but if you haven't heard the two EPs, then jam those. The EPs, like everyone else here is saying, are 8 EXCELLENT tracks. Their debut LP is better than this one though. It, at least kind of, felt like they tried to record something good.

I think I must be the only one who actually likes this band still. I love the new record. Spin The Dial is a great song and there's quite a bit more variety in the lyrics and sound. If anyone ordered the bsm version and feels like they don't want it anymore I'll be glad to take it off your hands ;)

8 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I think I must be the only one who actually likes this band still. I love the new record. Spin The Dial is a great song and there's quite a bit more variety in the lyrics and sound. If anyone ordered the bsm version and feels like they don't want it anymore I'll be glad to take it off your hands ;)

I listened to the stream and thought it was more of what I like from them. I don't understand all the hate either.

I've been loving this record since PV goofed with their download at first. It's been on constant play since. I can see how it's turning off some fans as it comes across as more of the same. I hear a bit snottier punk in this one. "Atom Bomb" is a ripper for me on this one. 

11 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I've been loving this record since PV goofed with their download at first. It's been on constant play since. I can see how it's turning off some fans as it comes across as more of the same. I hear a bit snottier punk in this one. "Atom Bomb" is a ripper for me on this one. 

If that's what the album's like, then I have no doubt I'll like it too. I fell in love with the band from their first LP, not their EPs as most here apparently have (because I was late to the party)... if anything I'm just expecting to like this as much as any of their other stuff. Eh, I'm just excited to hear it. Want to download it and give it a good high-quality listen once it comes out. I doubt it'll disappoint me as I don't really expect any crazy new sounding direction or anything.

13 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

Anyone seen pics of the bsm variants?  

Haven't seen any around yet. BSM would usually put photos up on their Instagram, but none there yet. Just got my despatch email for the Black and Blue tri-colour variant.

Edited by Burkazoid

It's a good record but not defining at all. They're missing that hook their previous record had. I'd have to agree that they probably rushed this record out to capitalize on their "wave" which I can't blame them at all, they stayed true to their sound. But they could have certainly used more time in the studio to explore a sound. Then again maybe they're content with what they've got going on, nothing wrong with that either but fans will tire of it

I think the new album is the best stuff they've done. The lyrics (for the most part) are more mature, despite what the title would suggest, and they sound better as a band. It's got a little more edge and is less weepy. I love that finally fully embraced their Replacements influence instead of just dancing around it.

I'm in the minority, because while I think the 7"s were great, that's their worst stuff. They just keep getting better.

4 hours ago, trainsaw said:

It's a good record but not defining at all. They're missing that hook their previous record had.

That record was a snooze too.

Nobody is outright trashing this band or this album. I think most of us are just really disappointed. I really want to like this record, it just doesn't do anything for me. I don't expect them to go far off the beaten path or anything. Teenage Bottlerocket never strays away from their sound, but their albums are usually good because they write super catchy stuff. Beach Slang started off that way and more or less abandoned it altogether.

This album is way better than everything else they've done.  Don't listen to those who say otherwise. 

It rocks, it's simple but powerful - the art,  the lyrics, chord progressions - but it seems like they are comfortable. 

Its not wimpy which turned me off before and the packaging is ace. 

This album is way better than everything else they've done.  Don't listen to those who say otherwise. 

It rocks, it's simple but powerful - the art,  the lyrics, chord progressions - but it seems like they are comfortable. 

7 hours ago, thetrackt said:

the art 

lel