PO Now: Brand New - I Am A Nightmare 12" single & Mene 7" & 3 Demos, Reworked 10"

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

As a 10 year fan of Modest Mouse, this was surprisingly my first time seeing them. After hearing for so long that they're terrible live, I was pleasantly surprised at their performance tonight. Very high energy. 

How good they are live is directly proportional to how trashed Issac is

• 2 weeks later...

I actually only got around to listening to "The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me" for the first time the other day. I had a love affair with Deja Entendu when I was a teenager but never ventured further than that until I picked Deja back up a fortnight ago. It seems I'm still in love with it and I'm glad to say that after all these years I thought "The Devil and God Are Raging..." was fucking a fucking beaut. Back on topic though, I won't be purchasing this particular vinyl, I'd rather save my pennies and get Deja...on wax instead!

27 minutes ago, xylem1 said:

I actually only got around to listening to "The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me" for the first time the other day. I had a love affair with Deja Entendu when I was a teenager but never ventured further than that until I picked Deja back up a fortnight ago. It seems I'm still in love with it and I'm glad to say that after all these years I thought "The Devil and God Are Raging..." was fucking a fucking beaut. Back on topic though, I won't be purchasing this particular vinyl, I'd rather save my pennies and get Deja...on wax instead!

Idk if you've been absent for a while, but Deja isn't expensive anymore

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Damn, I just saw a picture of a new merch design, with an upside down cross and the band's name with 2000 - 2018 underneath it... anyone else think it's a reference to staying 18 forever?

makes a lot of sense, especially referencing "so we can stay like this forever" - I feel like it's an ode to not dying out in a "past-prime" light.

I remember Jesse giving a speech at the Shrine LA show when they first started playing shows again stating something like:

we're not gonna be able to do this forever.. i'll have a daughter soon, and things just need to move on.

seems like this new album is just for the neurotic fans, I think they've been over it for a little while now.

hell, they don't even play their songs properly anymore..

Edited by antisyntax