PO Now: Brand New - I Am A Nightmare 12" single & Mene 7" & 3 Demos, Reworked 10"

1 minute ago, TheWindBlower said:

I will definitely get around to ordering the 10" and the Mene 7" so long as some of those songs don't show up on the new LP, if that ever drops. All these tracks are good, not their best but still damn good.

I really hope they dont recycle 10+ year old songs for the new LP

I'm going to the show at MSG tonight and got this in an email:

"When you’re at the show, be sure to stop by the Record Store located at Section 112 of the Level 6 concourse where both bands will be offering vinyl for sale."

I assume there won't be any surprises, but I'll keep an eye out. And yeah, it would be nice if all this shit was just on one 12". 

Was at MSG last night.  Picked up 3 song demo and IAAN.  I asked about Meme, but they didnt have it yet.  Kinda pissed I paid $10 for IAAN single now.  I guess it was spur of the moment.  Put I cant complain too much.  Total was $22.

As for the show; Modest Mouse was very disappointing.  Always been a big fan of theirs and have seen them at least half a dozen times and they just didnt do it for me last night.  Set list was pretty bad.  No energy or stage presence.  Sounds wasnt great.  

Brand New killed it as usual.  Pretty happy with setlist although no new material or demos.

+1 for being at MSG last night. I also asked about the Meme 7", haha.

I'm going to disagree with you on MM. Thought they had a really cool set and there was a good energy in GA. Brand New absolutely stole the show though. That was one of the better performances I've seen from them (even rivaling that Bell House show).

Only disappointment was that they didn't play any of the new stuff but it was a pretty perfect set to begin with.

I have seen BN over 20 times and nothing will top that Bell House show I dont think.  And yea I was in GA West.  I dont know, Modes tMouse just didnt seem to get in a groove.  Plus just like BN, they basically always play the same crap.  I want to hear less Good News and MAA and more older stuff.  Too many songs where people were just not into it.

Finally got my copy of IAAN in today and just spun it for the first time. Sounds really great for not even being a 45. Honestly no idea why they didn't do that, but whatever. The b-side lyrics also look much cooler than I was expecting.

Also I was not anticipating the giant hole in the back of the jacket... definitely make sure you have a spare poly sleeve if you ordered this.