PO Now: Brand New - I Am A Nightmare 12" single & Mene 7" & 3 Demos, Reworked 10"

5 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I hope I don't get thrashed for saying this, but that song sucks. If it was by anyone else but "Brand New" no one would pay that song any attention. Weird for such a long hiatus to come back with the "Hindenburg" of songs

Uh...what? When did Brand New go on hiatus? Even if you mean a recording hiatus, this is the second song that they've released in recorded form since Daisy.

3 minutes ago, 16Shells said:

song's alight, but they really peaked on devil & god. troof.

I'll agree that TDAG is good, but I REALLY love Daisy, too. 

This song isn't a majestic, spectacular feat, but I kind of dig it for what it is. 

I will spend $14 for one song because this is the stuff I grew up on. 

I'll also spend $14 on a 4 pack of beer even though a $14 bottle of old crow will get me waaaaay drunker. 

Life's about choosing choices. 

I don't know where I'm taking this, but I guess I mean to say that is your own "troof," not mine.

<3

21 minutes ago, billya said:

Uh...what? When did Brand New go on hiatus? Even if you mean a recording hiatus, this is the second song that they've released in recorded form since Daisy.

A 7 year period of no music is a definitely a writing/material hiatus no matter if it's a public statement they make or not. 

1 minute ago, MayCauseDeath said:

A 7 year period of no music is a definitely a writing/material hiatus no matter if it's a public statement they make or not. 

But they played some shows!

I could have gone to like 5-6 of them maybe more but it was either too expensive or they sold out too fast. I'm so fucking sad I didn't get to see them with TWIABP at one of my hometown venues I frequented as a youth. Mostly because I would have loved (and hated...the venue is garbage) to see TWIABP there.

But yeah, I agree with you that it definitely counts as a hiatus.

21 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I have seen Brand New at least once per year since Daisy was released, I wouldn't consider that a hiatus. Even if you were going by that standard, Mene was the first song that they came back with.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

Lest we forget, the reason Rez got any attention in the first place was because he took a monetary offer to cum on a copy of Deja ("Deja Entengoo").

Every person on earth should do everything in their power to forget this. And you should be publically drawn and quartered for bringing it up.