PO Now: Brand New - I Am A Nightmare 12" single & Mene 7" & 3 Demos, Reworked 10"

IDK this really feels like a regression from not only Mene but from their full discography, has a subtle YFW feel but even that is lacking some of the raw aspects that made it good. Guess its a waiting game from here on but I can't bite on this single, Daisy was so damn creative, for them, and was hoping they would dig a bit deeper for their next release, Mene was aggressive but didn't expand on Daisy. All that being said Brand New.....

I don't get all the love for Daisy. I'm not a BN fanboy by any means. I enjoy their first three albums well enough, and I listened to YFW a lot in high school... Daisy just doesn't do it for me. It seems like they were trying way too hard with that record. The new songs are ok, but nothing I'd go buy a single for.

3 hours ago, batman said:

That seriously happened?

This is not a joke. I saw death cab for cutie and the jealous sound play a attic in 2001. I've seen TWIABP play basements. if you think you understand emo and only buy Brand New 1-song 12"s that cost $15+ you're a warped tour basic. if you've never been told awkwardly by the band to "move up" before the first song, you don't know emo. If you've never sung into the second mic with a bunch of your friends at a show, you don't know emo. if you've never run into the middle of a set to spooge on a record, you don't know emo.

38 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

This is not a joke. I saw death cab for cutie and the jealous sound play a attic in 2001. I've seen TWIABP play basements. if you think you understand emo and only buy Brand New 1-song 12"s that cost $15+ you're a warped tour basic. if you've never been told awkwardly by the band to "move up" before the first song, you don't know emo. If you've never sung into the second mic with a bunch of your friends at a show, you don't know emo. if you've never run into the middle of a set to spooge on a record, you don't know emo.

is this a meme? I didn't laugh 

4 hours ago, rooks said:

Every person on earth should do everything in their power to forget this. And you should be publically drawn and quartered for bringing it up.

I never actually intended on doing it. I was originally going to come up with some photoshop or something to fuck with people but I figured it wouldn't work and then I just had fun watching people flip shit (and rightly so hahaha). Believe me or don't, I don't really give a fuck. I got a giggle out of it and that was all I originally set out to do. You'd be a fucking moron if you thought that not only would you get a box from someone for doing that but that Satan of all people was going to follow through and wasn't just baiting people. Sorry to burst the bubble. :c

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Wait...that was Rez? GOD DAMN IT REZ.

It was a joke. I was <100 posts and knew I could fuck with some people. I mean, I've done some dumb shit but that'd be a whole new ballpark of dumb shit. Plus Deja was still hard to cum by then and I wouldn't have been able to find another to replace my spooge copy. 

Edited by Issei Hyoudou