Pre-order now: TWIABP - Formlessness Remastered and Recrecorded + Live on KEXP

• 2 weeks later...

9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

So are there any BWM releases that weren't delayed? I still haven't gotten my Deer Leep LPs either. They marked it as "Shipped" on the 1st of this month and it hasn't moved since. Then there's this as well..... which I've listened to exactly once because I figured it would be here sooner.

Pretty sure basically all of their releases up to deer leAp were on time.  arrows in her, for everest, loner chic, etc. Keep in mind black friday rsd is a real drain plug when it comes to smaller pressings like BWMs.

While i know the "first vinyl listen" is great, i think it's also awesome they put the releases online for free download instead of making you wait like many other labels do.

Delays happen, and we all know its not like BWM is holding shit hostage while laughing maniacally.

20 minutes ago, shawnayala90 said:

Pretty sure basically all of their releases up to deer leAp were on time.  arrows in her, for everest, loner chic, etc. Keep in mind black friday rsd is a real drain plug when it comes to smaller pressings like BWMs.

While i know the "first vinyl listen" is great, i think it's also awesome they put the releases online for free download instead of making you wait like many other labels do.

Delays happen, and we all know its not like BWM is holding shit hostage while laughing maniacally.

While this is true and while I am really understanding if labels take a couple of days or a week more to send out stuff, I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that there are still some people waiting on their Deer Leap preorders from day one. The records were in hand five weeks ago, and some of us have had them for weeks now, so why isn't it a priority to get these out to everyone who preordered? Makes zero sense to me.

1 hour ago, mesi said:

While this is true and while I am really understanding if labels take a couple of days or a week more to send out stuff, I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that there are still some people waiting on their Deer Leap preorders from day one. The records were in hand five weeks ago, and some of us have had them for weeks now, so why isn't it a priority to get these out to everyone who preordered? Makes zero sense to me.

Broken World is a 2 person operation.  The new guy Howard is in Ireland and I think Derrick was in the hospital.  Things are changing there, as with any small operation its gonna take a while to work out kinks.  I learned all of this from reading comments on the BWM Facebook page.  I agree its a shame people are waiting on Deer Leap, but again sometimes it takes time, and the music is readily available to listen to online.

I did a chargeback for the Deer Leap a couple months ago, about to do the same for the TWIABP record.  It's marked "shipped" on their site which is really annoying if it isn't true.  I understand delays happen, but when you do a preorder and take people's money with the assumption they will get their record on X date, I think it's your responsibility (and really not that difficult) to keep people updated as to the status.

1 hour ago, shawnayala90 said:

Broken World is a 2 person operation.  The new guy Howard is in Ireland and I think Derrick was in the hospital.  Things are changing there, as with any small operation its gonna take a while to work out kinks.  I learned all of this from reading comments on the BWM Facebook page.  I agree its a shame people are waiting on Deer Leap, but again sometimes it takes time, and the music is readily available to listen to online.

That's all fine with me. I just want it in some easy to find location. I'm hearing it from a guy on a forum who heard it from Facebook because someone went and asked them about it. Very Ferris Bueler esque. 

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Anyone know what's up with Derrick not being in the band anymore?

That stinks if true. Was really hoping for new music from the same lineup.

6 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

Yeah she isn't in the band any more because her and Katie broke up apparently. New One Hundred Year Ocean LP being recorded though! I hope TWIABP don't suck now, Derrick was most of the songwriting.

Dang, that's really too bad. It's disappointing we didn't really hear anything about it, but I understand the wish to privacy about details. I hope D is doing okay. She was my favorite member of the band.

11 minutes ago, deer said:

Dang, that's really too bad. It's disappointing we didn't really hear anything about it, but I understand the wish to privacy about details. I hope D is doing okay. She was my favorite member of the band.

She is working on a One Hundred Year Ocean full length via social media posts. Excited to see what it will sound like. But yeah it just doesnt feel like TWIABP is complete with the change. :(