The Devil Wears Prada: LP6

There's no preorder up yet, but I've been stoked for this album so wanted to chat about it. 

New song "Daughter" is up.

Then there's the interesting stuff about band member changes. As you can see in the video, they have a new drummer. Apparently it's Giuseppe Antonio Capolupo (ex Haste the Day). It hasn't been officially stated but the comments say that Dan recorded the drums, then he left, and now Giuseppe went back and re-recorded them all to suit his style. That's rumor though so....

Thoughts? This semi-slower more methodical TDWP is interesting I suppose. 

EDIT: 7/18/16 Pre-orders are up: http://merchnow.com/catalogs/the-devil-wears-prada

28 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

Maybe it's my changing tastes, but meh.

I was with them like 100% for Roots, then 80% for Death Throne, maybe 60% for 8:18, so I feel like this record would have to be a big surprise to get me onboard.

Same here. Roots is my favorite. The two after that weren't bad, but I lost it for them unfortunately.

1 minute ago, FlippingOut said:

I've been into TDWP for a long time and the last few releases haven't done a whole lot for me, but I still listen to them once in a while. Song is ok. Doubt anything will top their first 3 albums. Their new drummer was also in Once Nothing. 

Once Nothing is a top 10 gnarliest show contender for me. Fucking crazy. 

if you aren't familiar with Once Nothing check this out to get a taste of some of Giuseppe's drumming. Also, I'm pretty sure he was on Attack Of The Wolf King (Haste The Day) but really, I just want people to listen to some Once Nothing because I miss them so much. Blue collar metal! 

My favorite is Zombie EP. I love the concept. I was hoping the Space EP was going to be harder, or out of the same vein as Zombie, but I still enjoyed it. I've liked watching their progression from Zombie onwards and this is a great step forward.

Daniel left the band, but recorded this entire CD with them (90% sure on that fact).

Yeah I take interest in them because I do have a complete vinylography of them minus Zombie EP. I would tend to agree that the albums have been a little less and less interesting, but differ on Space EP.

You can find me stomping to that EP alone every once and a while. Alien and Moongod are both fairly heavy hitters. Asteroid isn't heavy, but does a good job at that sound. The beginning "spoken word" section of the end verse ("Think of best friends, think of strangers...") is executed to perfection.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

....just realized I somehow posted this in the "Everything Else" message board. Doubt they have a function to move it over (even though you could litterally just do a SQL copy/delete)

The mods can move it (well on the old site they could) BUT probably no need to move until an actually PO goes up

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

....just realized I somehow posted this in the "Everything Else" message board. Doubt they have a function to move it over (even though you could litterally just do a SQL copy/delete)

I think it was moved to the Everything Else section because there's nothing announced yet.